What's new

Suitcases??

No one covers airline damage....even Halliburton and Rimowa say it right on their sit.
My Tumi leather breif pack has a torn shoulder strap, my Tumi ballistic breifcase has all the piping worn through.

When you travel half a million miles a year and 6 flights a weekend on average luggage etc doesnt last long sadly

No one covers airline damage....even Halliburton and Rimowa say it right on their sit.
My Tumi leather breif pack has a torn shoulder strap, my Tumi ballistic breifcase has all the piping worn through.

When you travel half a million miles a year and 6 flights a weekend on average luggage etc doesnt last long sadly
I have to say this concerns me, personally I have only used TUMI carry ons and was very impressed with the high quality durability and finish of them and I travel internationally about 4 months of the year and the rest of the time at least two flights a month. I guess when there are airport services involved theres a lot more damage. Either way I think I will look a lot deeper into details when I buy my next check in luggage.

I have to say this concerns me, personally I have only used TUMI carry ons and was very impressed with the high quality durability and finish of them and I travel internationally about 4 months of the year and the rest of the time at least two flights a month. I guess when there are airport services involved theres a lot more damage. Either way I think I will look a lot deeper into details when I buy my next check in luggage.
Yes i thought at least some warranties that claimed life time would cover wear and tear but thats not really the truth when you read the actual waranties....Rimowa, Halliburton, TUMI included....

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
The good thing though is that since this internet thing seems to be taking off and gaining popularity ;) most airlines are very good about compensating you for the damages. Before social media, many of the big ones just told you they were sorry.

No but I did have my Hartmann bust a wheel from luggage handler suitcase throw contest and I stopped in to a retailer in Detroit and they fixed it on the spot free of charge.

No but I did have my Hartmann bust a wheel from luggage handler suitcase throw contest and I stopped in to a retailer in Detroit and they fixed it on the spot free of charge.
That's awesome...the TUMI retailer said they would send my briefcase for repair but it could be up to 4 weeks for it to be gone....a little hard to do when you need it....lol.

i've got a hartmann lawyer's briefcase from ebay (faux leather not the belting leather)that i turn to be my harmonica case, i email to hartmann and they send me the keys ,they get lost or stolen so they send me another pair but they said: last time !
IMG_0092.JPG

Well we will see how the new to me used Zero Halliburton Zeroller holds up on it first trip on my flights home. I should keep a photo history of the damage and destruction as i go....lol.

zero halliburton was very popular in the musician community for carriying their guitars , basses and personnal effects but i've ear lot of complains on guitar forums .they are no more in the mood there are cheaper and better alternatives .
but when you are rich yo can travel with style :
keith-richards-for-louis-vuitton-by-annie-leibovitz.jpg

zero halliburton was very popular in the musician community for carriying their guitars , basses and personnal effects but i've ear lot of complains on guitar forums .they are no more in the mood there are cheaper and better alternatives .
but when you are rich yo can travel with style :View attachment 810161
Yes agreed there are much better for instruments but in my case i dont have an agent or roady taking care of my stuff or a private jet....lol.

No one covers airline damage....

Some might, credit card companies. They cover accidental breakage within 90 days of purchase. You'll have to read the terms and conditions of your credit card's coverage to see if airline gorillas are covered. I realize it's only the first 90 days, but it's better than nothing.

Some might, credit card companies. They cover accidental breakage within 90 days of purchase. You'll have to read the terms and conditions of your credit card's coverage to see if airline gorillas are covered. I realize it's only the first 90 days, but it's better than nothing.
Something to keep in mind for sure....good tip!!

Took Kelbro's advice and scored a nive used Zero Haliburton Zeroller....4 flights and they havent killed it but i have notived a few more dents....hahahaha

My wife gave me a Tumi T-Tech carry on several years ago as I was traveling quite a bit for work. It has held up very well over the years and does the job in style.

Well just an update...my Zero Halliburton is demo'd pretty much....took them 3 trips to kill it...i swear its like a challenge to these people to see how much damadge they can do per flight.....bent the frame so bad that the lock wont go inside the suitcase.
20170916_101352.jpg
20170916_101327.jpg
20170916_101455.jpg

Oy! Hey, do the first responder types, disaster relief, or military use anything which could take this abuse?

Online search turned up Pelican cases. Available with wheels, handle.

Last edited:
Yes i think a Pelivan or SKB style case is the next step but sadly they are heavy so i will have to sacrafice some clothes/tools to stay under weight or move to 2 vases which i really dont want to do.

The other idea is to straighten up the Zero and add 2 more latches to in...one on each end to keep it square no matter what they do.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Well from personal experience most weaponry companies make pelican type cases that survive anything, often they cost cheaper than pelican cases themselves, maybe look into that...

Top Bottom