What's new

The Badger Den

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
9E4721BF-EA9B-41DB-8710-3B7E0A97C0BF.jpeg
A4B35AAD-C2A9-4FEE-BF00-C62B0F3EB4E7.jpeg
Today is # 53 for me.
The wife had been telling me we are going to the JW Marriot Hill Country Spa and Resort in San Antonio for your birthday. Great! A wonderful place to relax.
On Friday the 13th we arrived. In the room were brownies, chocolate covered strawberries, birthday cards from them, and a bag from the resort. The resort “gave” me T-shirts. Then I saw an invitation. It was for the Spa: 80 minute deep tissue massage and 50 minute facial!! Wow!

What a gift!!!!!

Then we went to eat: I had a smoked turkey BLT and a Caesar salad. Then we swam for hours. And then we went for dinner: Angus beef and pastrami burger and a Caesar salad. And a 22oz Guinness on Draft.

Best of all? I got to watch the Astros game on the 55” tv IN THE ROOM! Yes! You heard right: no complaining. No fuss. Just enjoy the game.

So I got up at 0400 and hit the gym and am about to go eat breakfast!!
I have always said and continue to say, “I’m a lucky man!!!!”

On a lighter note: I wonder sometimes how she does it but my oldest found a Vegan restaurant for dinner in Warsaw, Poland!

martym

It was a wonderful day; the entire day!!!

Now, it’s like the song: Back to Life. Back to Reality.

martym

I knew she had an alterior motive: we are at the outlet malls in San Marcos, Texas. Haha
Under Armour and Bose are where she can find me!!!
Still, it is worth it!!!
What a glorious weekend!
I told her that I think I’ll keep her. She respond by saying let’s see if I keep you!!

I'm a huge fan of that one, personally. It's perfect for the Summer, and even as a breakfast beer (not that I would ever have a drink early enough in the morning to call it "breakfast", or course). ;)

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Just finished a glass of VAT 69 to ease myself into my just started holiday. :)
I'm now off work for just over a week. Not too much planed, I'll just wing it mostly and go with the flow.
I think there is a brisket in the freezer waiting to be smoked. People to see, places to go to and whiskey to be drunk.......time to refresh my glass, bottoms up.

martym

Y’all Speakeasyers don’t forget about all the wonderful items up for bid at the Sue Moore Auction. Remember; it’s for charity!!!

So while usually not my thing, I had a finger or so to sip of some Remy VSP(?).. (I should have snapped a pic of the label, dang it..) last night at the pipe club gathering, and it was really dang smooth and tasty. I may have actually found something I can sip on occasion and enjoy... of course, I've not yet priced a bottle, so sticker shock could very well make it seem not nearly as enjoyable as it was when it was free. :lol:

martym

I have had 4 bottles of Hennessy VSOP sitting in my liquor cabinet for years. Have never tried it. My break out a bottle one of these evenings!!

Top Bottom