What's new

Where did all the Dovo white paste for linen go?

Strops for Straight Razors

Jarrod at the Superior Shave has it in stock.
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My understanding from reading the older threads was that folks thought it made more sense to use it with with cotton, denim, webbing etc as the "linen" component rather than actual linen fabric. I think it was TM that pointed out that linen is considered mildly abrasive already, so it didn't make sense. I was going to try it on cotton myself. Based on the above, I didn't plan to try it on my flax linen.

I played with it a few years ago. It can definitely smooth an edge out. I used it on vintage linen as well as some hemp that I had. I also found out that 50 laps and.up will start to noticeably dull your edge. I have not used it for some time.

I believe the Solingen linen strops come pre-treated with this stuff, apart from one, which benefits from a tube paste treatment (white, red, or green) to keep it from otherwise pilling. So when the pre-treated linen starts to wear thin, it's time paste it anew. I use it on some of my thin cotton strops as well, and find that it adds a starchy bit of zip there. I imagine that some of those shaggy hemp strops that are out there would benefit from a pasting of the stuff.

Top Bottom