What's new

The Great Canadian Pass Around Box 4 - The Round!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I have no issues myself to have a new box being started or shipped out. However, I do not want to run it.

Whoever starts the new box will need to contact a moderator to have it authorised before it's actually launch. I can guide who will take this in charge, no problems.

I think this is a great idea. I cannot organize but let's make a list of what should be in it and I will happily order some stuff to fill the list. Seems like enough of us to get it sorted.

Luc

Staff member
IMO this is backwards. Picking what’s going in is similar to a desert island SOTD

Step one is to find someone to run it
Step two, get it approved
Step three proceed with the new box

Luc, to "run" it does a fella simply solicit donations, set a drop dead date and carry on with the initial sign up list?
If so, I'll volunteer if participants don't mind shipping gear to the "left" coast..

Luc

Staff member
Luc, to "run" it does a fella simply solicit donations, set a drop dead date and carry on with the initial sign up list?
If so, I'll volunteer if participants don't mind shipping gear to the "left" coast..

"Run" the box means that you are looking after the box before, during and after the run.

Regardless on how you want to run the box (or anyone) it needs to be approved before anything happens.

Then, you will need to get the names of who wants to be in the run. After that, you need to organise it so that you don't jump from one end of the country to another. If you follow a linear line it will be quicker and cheaper. You can either start it at your end and see what happens with the last person in line or have it ship back to you. The question will quickly rise, when's the next round?

Anyways, after that, the box will practically run itself but you will be the go-to person if something stops.

Finally, you can re-organise the next round when it finishes.

I would check with the administration of the site before you start soliciting donations.

Top Bottom