What's new

OCtober 2017

Didn't have the time on Friday to take new pictures but I do have some older ones I'll share.

proxy.php

Minora OC Tech.jpg
Minora OC Tech2.jpg Minora OC Tech3.jpg
NewRazorRFB.JPG NewRazorRFB1.JPG
OCTech.JPG OCTech2.JPG
Aristocrat in case.JPG

Hopefully I'll have some time on Sunday to take a few pics of the full list of razors.

I'm in. I'll use the only OC I have, a Fatip Piccolo, with Cella and a Omega 49.
I've never used the Piccolo more than 2 days in a row, so I'm excited to see how it goes.

I've finalized my OCtober lineup in order of mild to wild:
RR Old Type (for the one week I need to shave every day)
New LC
Fatip Grande
Ball End Old
I also have a saucy looking little German number that I will round the month out with; I've never shaved with it but it looks like it might require due care and attention.
Pics once I round 'em all up.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I hope to do half older and half newer OC razors and likely rotate a new and then an old for comparison.

Not really in, but I will be working some of the following into my rotation for OCtober:

Durham 300
Leresche
Gillette Senator or Sheridan, probably both
Probak
Good News

I'll set aside my frequently-used OCs (MMOC, 1912 OC, Autostrops) to make room for them.

I just picked up a Segal OC this week that I'm excited to try. I need to clean it up and see about trimming out a couple of blades for it. That will give me a total of 6 DE OCs, a couple of MMOCs, and a few 1912s to use for the month.

Just to clarify - you said the 1912s were considered open combs, correct? Or were you just referring to the true open comb variants of the 1912?

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
The SE is Dead, Long Live the DE!

Here is my lineup for the month. The plan is to use the same make blade in each pair of razors, use the same cream or soap for each pair, the same aftershave or balm for each pair.

I selected ten razors that I think will make interesting comparisons.

First up will be three days each with a Gillette Old (with a new titanium handle) and a RazoRock Old Type and Feather blade.

Then three days each with a Gillette New Improved and a Merkur 1904.

Next a Gillette New SC vs a Merkur 25C.

Then a Gillette New LC vs a Fatip Grande.

And end the month with my ATT S2 vs my Sheraton. That one should be fun.

The SE is Dead, Long Live the DE!

Here is my lineup for the month. The plan is to use the same make blade in each pair of razors, use the same cream or soap for each pair, the same aftershave or balm for each pair.

I selected ten razors that I think will make interesting comparisons.

First up will be three days each with a Gillette Old (with a new titanium handle) and a RazoRock Old Type and Feather blade.

Then three days each with a Gillette New Improved and a Merkur 1904.

Next a Gillette New SC vs a Merkur 25C.

Then a Gillette New LC vs a Fatip Grande.

And end the month with my ATT S2 vs my Sheraton. That one should be fun.
Very nice I look forward to your comparisons.

Top Bottom