What's new

Just picked up a new old stock Parker Jotter

I've recently started using fountain pens, but I wanted a decent ballpoint that I can keep in my pocket. I found this NOS ivory colored Jotter on ebay, and I love it! It's got brass threads, and it's from 1982 if I'm not mistaken. My grandpa gave me a red Jotter when I was little, but it was lost years ago. No ballpoint has measured up for me since. That click is so satisfying!
I'll probably load it with a gel refill.
Any Jotter collectors out there? I can easily see myself becoming one. Just ordered the Portobello purple version.
IMG_2351.JPG

Very nice I really enjoyed my jotter until I just recently lost it :c17:. As far as refills one of the best ones I used was the Schmidt Easyflow 9000 it's a ballpoint refill that writes more like a rollerball

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Excellent. I was on a roll with jotters. Have multiples of different colors. My favorite is a sterling anniversary one. Its tarnished big time. Been off the kick but love that click too. I used the jell refills.

DemonstratorJotter_resized.jpg
Jotters were my favorite pens until that time, I guess some six or seven years ago, when I decided to try fountain pens.

I still have quite a few, some vintagey with the brass threads. They have an assortment of refills, Parker gels, effectively making them rollerballs, Schmidt Easyflow 9000 ballpoint refills, even Fischer Space Pen refills. But they don't get used that much. Not never, as I still have occasional use for ballpoints and gel pens, but not often. Fountain pens are nicer to write with, but we all knew that, didn't we?:001_cool:

One thing that's technically interesting about them is that the refill would rotate 90º with each click, so that the two extended positions and the two retracted positions were 180º apart from each other. This was intended to even out wear on the tip, assuming that you always held your pen the same way. There were some custom Jotters that used this by printing four different messages on the refill, 90º apart. Each time you clicked the pen, a different message would show in a viewing window. The pen in the picture would have had a custom refill with four messages about the Rotary Club, but now you can just see that I have a Parker Gel refill in there.

Still have my first Jotter. 1970 model in blue with a silver top. Got it at the grand old age of 17 from my first long term girl friend. Still have the pen...

Yes, I collect Parker Jotters. I buy them in different colors. None are the original brass fittings. I dislike ball point refills, so have switched to gel cartridges. A very elegant pen.

Those older Jotters are really wonderful forever pens. The new Jotters don't feel anywhere near as substantial as the older ones. They have a very satisfying action, too.

Back in the days of my ignorant youth, I had several jotters. They were the top of the line at the time, and I liked them a lot. IIRC, they were called "T-Ball" jotters...I believe because the ball was textured...yes??

Back in the days of my ignorant youth, I had several jotters. They were the top of the line at the time, and I liked them a lot. IIRC, they were called "T-Ball" jotters...I believe because the ball was textured...yes??

From this page. And by the way, hit the home button on that page to see information on many Parker pens, including their more interesting fountain pens. :001_cool:

"In June 1957 Parker introduced the T-ball, a hard, durable tungsten carbide ball that was textured as to prevent skipping by better grip to the paper, a feature subsequently used on all ball pens today. The price was also lowered to $1.95"

Eleven Pass,

Eleven Pass,
The new Parker Quinkflow ballpoint refills are great. They are available with blue and black ink, medium and fine points. They are smooth. The black ink is dark black, not grayish black like in the past. I find the intensity of the blue ink too weak.

I have the stainless steel Jotter. I use Schmidt Easyflow 9000 refills in it, and it's easily my favorite pen.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I also have a jotter I use, especially for underlining and taking margin notes in books of regulations with cheap paper (fountain pen would destroy those). I also echo the recommendation for the Schmidt Easyflow 9000. Writes nicely.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Thanks for the refill recommendations. I'm ordering son 9000 to try. I usually use the gel ink refill

Top Bottom