What's new

RTIC 20 Review

RTIC has upped its game now with a 110 and a 145 quart model. My birthday is next month, and I'm thinking a present to myself is in order. I'm not sure which model I'll bite on. It will either be the 65 or the 110. I can't think of a reason I'd need the 145, and fully loaded, that thing will weigh 200 pounds.

People I know use those huge ones for transportation of big game. Not that pricey considering the total cost of a big game hunt. Too big for any normal use I can think of. I agree, too heavy.

Still using my soft 20. I'm amazed. I can get 2 bags of I and put them in the night before a tailgate and the ice is not melted at all at noon the next day.

My 65 is on the way. I tossed around the notion of a 110 but finally decided it would be too big to lug around. I know I certainly couldn't move it when fully loaded.

My new one is scheduled for delivery the middle of next week, and I'll post some pics and comments after I've given it a test drive. My birthday is in Sept., so this was my birthday present to me!

I got my 65. I haven't had a chance to give it a good test yet, but here are some photos.
IMG_1555.JPG

IMG_1556.JPG
IMG_1557.JPG

IMG_1558.JPG

Last edited:
I love the big boy cooler. I honestly don't need one this big, but I like having it.
I put 30 pounds of ice (and a case and a half of beer) in it last Sunday. There was still ice in it the following Saturday.
The capacity and ice retention is amazing.
It is heavy. Between the cooler itself, the ice (about half full), and the beer, I didn't want to move it myself. That could be an issue. I see it as being great for loading in the back of your truck or in the boat. It is not in any way portable when full.
As for doing what it's supposed to, I love the RTIC.

I love the big boy cooler. I honestly don't need one this big, but I like having it.
I put 30 pounds of ice (and a case and a half of beer) in it last Sunday. There was still ice in it the following Saturday.
The capacity and ice retention is amazing.
It is heavy. Between the cooler itself, the ice (about half full), and the beer, I didn't want to move it myself. That could be an issue. I see it as being great for loading in the back of your truck or in the boat. It is not in any way portable when full.
As for doing what it's supposed to, I love the RTIC.
You could keep an iced beer cooler running the whole summer! Nice

Top Bottom