What's new

How often do you guys shave?

Since I am on sabbatical, I have been shaving every other day. Previously I would shave every day for work and take Sunday off for my face to rest.

This is quickly becoming my position--absolutely look forward to it.
+1.
I plan out tomorrow's shave elements today (razor, blade, soap, brush, lather bowl, etc.)
The only thing that can alter the plan is a package arriving in the mail containg a new element!

+1.
I plan out tomorrow's shave elements today (razor, blade, soap, brush, lather bowl, etc.)
The only thing that can alter the plan is a package arriving in the mail containg a new element!

Mark, this sounds like me. However, I allow myself a change the next day if I feel like it. I mean, I've been doing this for years now. But nooooo, I'm not compulsive about shaving. You don't happen to be a shrink, do you? ;)

Mark, this sounds like me. However, I allow myself a change the next day if I feel like it. I mean, I've been doing this for years now. But nooooo, I'm not compulsive about shaving. You don't happen to be a shrink, do you? ;)
HA!! No, I'm not a shrink - but I could sure USE one!! :crazy::crazy:

+1.

+1
One must always be prepared in advance for his daily shave

I have been experimenting and if I try to shave everyday two certain spots on my neck seem to get irritated. They don't get irritated when I have a couple days growth though. Think it could be just too many passes in that time period? Any suggestions? Just kind of sucks not to be able to shave everyday if I wanted to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a daily shaver. Three passes plus whatever touch-ups might be needed. I have a grizzly, white, multi-directional old man's beard. Proper prep, proper lather and proper technique work for me.

I have been experimenting and if I try to shave everyday two certain spots on my neck seem to get irritated. They don't get irritated when I have a couple days growth though. Think it could be just too many passes in that time period? Any suggestions? Just kind of sucks not to be able to shave everyday if I wanted to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angle and pressure? I shave everyday,no exceptions, and as happy as a clam!

Every 2-4 days. Once winter sets in I'm going to figure out a combo that lets me shave every other day. My face gets dry in winter, so keeping it close shaved makes applying balm much easier :) And...it gives me something to do!

Shaving every day has never worked well for me, no matter what type of razor was being used...Cart, Electric, DE, SE, etc. I work in a factory type setting, so I don't have to be clean shaven anyway. I much prefer to be clean shaven, but I get much better shaves skipping at least one day, so that is what I do :)

I go 36-48 hours, then do a two-pass with buffing. Unless work or recreational activities dictate otherwise, I try to go:
Tues and Thursday evenings, then Saturday morning with my regular DE setup; two passes and I sometimes achieve but don't chase BBS.
Sunday evenings it's a slow, methodical shave, usually a SE injector or Gem type as close and smooth as I can get. That puts me in the right frame of mind for "tie" Monday and the start of the work week.
However, I travel to remote sites for work, spend time in camps, and partake in many outdoor activities which require getting up at 0 dark stupid so my schedule is flexible; and my line of work may require a close shave at any time to accommodate respiratory protection. I keep a small kit (Williams puck, twin blade disposables, and an old Wilkie boar brush) in my desk at work and ALWAYs travel with a DE and associated gear.

Every 2-4 days. Once winter sets in I'm going to figure out a combo that lets me shave every other day. My face gets dry in winter, so keeping it close shaved makes applying balm much easier :) And...it gives me something to do!

Shaving every day has never worked well for me, no matter what type of razor was being used...Cart, Electric, DE, SE, etc. I work in a factory type setting, so I don't have to be clean shaven anyway. I much prefer to be clean shaven, but I get much better shaves skipping at least one day, so that is what I do :)
Try Mitchel's Wool Fat and Shannon's. Those are the two most moisturizing soaps I know.

These days -- probably 5,6 days per week. I might not shave on Saturdays. But every working business day, and of course before church on Sunday. If home for holidays and just around the house I might not shave

Most of the time every other day.
I get my best shaves doing it like that.
I'm beginning to think that for me, 36 hours between shaves would work better than 24 hours. Now this would mean going to work several days partly unshaven, though it might not be too noticeable, thanks to my Commander Riker-style beard. I'd have to shave on Sunday evening, Tuesday morning, Wednesday evening, and Friday morning, and then Saturday evening.

I'm beginning to think that for me, 36 hours between shaves would work better than 24 hours. Now this would mean going to work several days partly unshaven, though it might not be too noticeable, thanks to my Commander Riker-style beard. I'd have to shave on Sunday evening, Tuesday morning, Wednesday evening, and Friday morning, and then Saturday evening.
Try shaving in the evening and use an aftershave balm after you shave. I think your skin will be less irritated in the morning, and you won't show much stubble though the day.

Clayton

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Current routine is two pass face shave and single pass head shave each morning, a second single pass head shave in the evening.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Top Bottom