What's new

Moisturizer with SPF?

Neutrogena Healthy Defense. Two SPF levels, 35 + 50 and a 30SPF sensitive skin version. Also their Oil-Free Moisture with 35SPF. Generally anything over SPF 30 is considered not real useful because the actual level of UV protection isn't that much more than SPF 30. SPF 60 does not protect twice as much as SPF 30. But I wouldn't go with an under 30spf, either.

Also check your dermatologist. Mine sells a very good, but rather expensive line of sunscreens and moisturizers. When I run out of my current overstock of sunscreens (it may not be until 3017) I'm going to get a moisturizer with SPF from the dermatologist, the sample was really good. At least your dermatologist's office will be able to recommend something. Call the dermatologist's office and ask for their recommendation sheet. I'll guarantee you they have a sheet of recommendations they hand out like candy.

And finally, you can put a sunscreen over a moisturizer. I use Kehl's Facial Fuel then Blue Lizard facial sunscreen that way.

P.S. Get some hats!

Last edited:

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
No hats! Never! I hate wearing hats lol

I picked up some of the Jack Black SPF 20 for now. It wasn't a bad price. I really want to try the Kiehl's but it's quite expensive for a small amount of the product.

No hats! Never! I hate wearing hats lol

I picked up some of the Jack Black SPF 20 for now. It wasn't a bad price. I really want to try the Kiehl's but it's quite expensive for a small amount of the product.

Let us know what you think of the Jack Black. I have been happy with everything of theirs that I have tried.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Status update: I just had my first round of Mohs surgery done and I'm waiting to find out if I need more done. I'm pretty sure from the scraping sound that they had to scrape a spot on my skull. I get to wait in the waiting room for the next 45 minutes to an hour while they biopsy the stuff they took out to see if that's all they need to take. Then they'll stitch me up or take more before they do. My anxiety is through the roof and I am not generally an anxious person.

Listen to Baz Luhrmann. Wear sunscreen!

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Let us know what you think of the Jack Black. I have been happy with everything of theirs that I have tried.

The Jack Black definitely makes my skin feel nice and is reasonably priced. Lately I've been using La Rosche Posay 30SPF when I am actually going out into the sun for the extra SPF rating but the JB makes my skin feel nicer.

Status update: I just had my first round of Mohs surgery done and I'm waiting to find out if I need more done. I'm pretty sure from the scraping sound that they had to scrape a spot on my skull. I get to wait in the waiting room for the next 45 minutes to an hour while they biopsy the stuff they took out to see if that's all they need to take. Then they'll stitch me up or take more before they do. My anxiety is through the roof and I am not generally an anxious person.

Listen to Baz Luhrmann. Wear sunscreen!

Yea, Mohs isn't fun. If it wasn't dermatological surgery, you'd at least be under general anesthesia and be out while the surgeons are waiting.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Yea, Mohs isn't fun. If it wasn't dermatological surgery, you'd at least be under general anesthesia and be out while the surgeons are waiting.

For sure! Would have been so much easier! I got lucky and only needed the 1 round. The stitches were actually tougher for me to deal with. The BCC was behind my ear and I could, oddly enough, hear the sounds of the sutures going into my skin pretty loudly. I think the Lidocaine somehow amplified it. Made me cringe! I'm and EMT and can watch this stuff from the outside all day long no problem but I hate being under the knife. Makes me very anxious.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Oh, and I neglected to mention that the 45 minute wait for biopsy results took 2 hours. Apparently they booked a lot of doctors and patients and in the office they were fighting over rooms.

I would post a pic of my stitches but it may not be pretty for open discussion lol

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Just as an update, I am finding the Jack Black makes me break out. The La Rosche Posay has been my go to. Really nice. Rather than using an AS I’ve been finishing shaves with a splash of witch hazel followed by the moisturizer. This has been working well.

My stitches are also out and the scar is slightly raised. Using Scar Away every night before bed.

I really like Purpose dual moisturizer with SPF 10, which was recommended to me by my dermatologist. It's not the strongest SPF protection, but I've never had break outs with it (and I've had break outs with plenty of others)

Top Bottom