What's new

What's Cooking 2017

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I hate to tell ya'll but Hatch and Anaheim peppers are the one and the same. In flavor though I give the taste winner to the hatch. There's something in the soil, sun and elevation in Hatch, New Mexico where they are grown. It's kinda like wine and it's region that effect the flavor. They also do a great job of marketing.

Someone should send me some Anaheim peppers so I can compare. :001_rolle

More messing with tortilla's. The house chicken stock mixed with a pureed bowl of various garden tomatoes, dried/reconstituted chili pepper, sauteed onions, garden Italian peppers and garlic. Market corn on the cob, shredded chicken breasts, baked corn tortillas, habenero cheddar, avocado, cilantro, Greek yogurt and habenero/ghost/scorpion pepper hot sauce. Was a perfect avocado, a rare arrival to our kitchen.

file-4.jpeg
file2-2.jpeg

dave

The farm roadside stand a mile from my house had fresh sweetcorn, tomatoes, and broccoli I picked up Sunday. Niceway to recover a bit from the vacation and lack of sleep. Still catching up on the sleep part, unfortunately.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
If I were still a Moderator I'd have to ban myself for looking for a PIF.

I'm actually drowning in Fresh Garden stuff right now and some other things. Good bad and ugly. Still gotta eat though. :001_cool:

Nothing fancy but tried some chickpea rotini. Went Greek style with some lemony heirloom tomatoes, onions, and zucchini. Then a little a little Feta to finish. Wasn't bad for whipping something up on the fly. Also didn't bother my stomach, which was great.
IMG_1437.JPG

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
That sure looks tasty, Chris.

Still trying to get through all the neck slices I stocked up on at the start of winter.
Found a recipe for a Fijian Indian Lamb chops or neck slice curry. Fijian lamb curry

I basically did as it said except I placed the pot in the oven minus the potato for a low and slow cooking.
Removed from the oven when the necks where almost done and completed on the stove top adding the potatoes then. The potatoes thickened up the curry and fitted in well.

My photos of any curry always look average but here we go anyway.

20170820_175347.jpg

20170820_175557.jpg

20170820_180522.jpg

Trying a bit low carb on a Sunday night - Mexican style strips of flank steak with peppers and onions, guacamole and a green chilli and coriander salsa. And salad...

Just marinaded the steak strips in lime juice and olive oil and a teaspoon each of garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, ordinary paprika, chilli powder, cumin powder, ground oregano, English mustard powder, salt and brown sugar.

20914458_10156583703653275_64403569819082576_n.jpg

Not too bad, although I am not sure what a Mexican would make of it!

IMG_0001.JPG
Stomach a little odd today, so all I could manage is a cup of gumbo. Since I'm just cooking for me, and I can't eat much, I find myself stopping for a quick bite here and there to save energy. The gumbo was from a local deli and was quite good.

Top Bottom