What's new

The Great Canadian Pass Around Box 4 - The Round!

You really put together some great combos. When I saw the box all together I thought sure, cool. But looking at some of the options you put together it really brings it home what a great opportunity this is. Great job and thanks again Luc!

Short transit time, indeed! It's made it to the mainland and expected to deliver tomorrow. I'll confirm delivery once I've got it in my grubby little mitts. I might have to break my routine of shaving every second day for a short while..

I was able to pick it up today!
It's really hard to imagine how much....stuff....is in this box.
I attempted some photos, but it took up my entire kitchen island without even emptying. It's almost too much to process.
I'm usually a night shaver, but I think I'll sleep on it and get up fifteen minutes early.
IMG_20170810_165919.jpg
IMG_20170810_165911.jpg
IMG_20170810_165933.jpg

So......I did what you're never supposed to do.....tried a bunch of new things at once.
I've always been curious about tallow soap; I don't know if I've ever used one before as I've always stuck with Proraso, Ogallalla, Williams, and Wilkinson plus a bunch of creams.
I've also been wondering about other Russian blades besides Astras and Nacets, especially after pairing them in OC razors like my Old, New, and Fatip.
The shave...cautious....but close and comfortable. No nicks or weepers, and at least a DFS the first time. I won't be spending a bunch of time with each combo because there's so much to try out, but so far, so good.
I finished off with Clubman Vanilla, because, well, it's Clubman Friday.
So.........if anyone can identify the 3 piece razor here I'd love to know. It kinda looks like some type of Gillette but there's barely any curve between the base plate and cap; there are no markings on it, and it doesn't appear similar to any of the other razors I've used before. Probably not a daily driver, but...wow..

Luc, thanks again for putting this together; you'll probably get sick of hearing it but what an opportunity to try stuff out.

Nick_O; you're next on the list and I'll be shipping this out by Sunday, August 20 depending on my work travel schedule. I'll PM you for coordinates.

Jeff.
11 Aug1.jpg
11 Aug1.jpg 11 Aug2.jpg

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to bow out for this round as I'll be away from August 22nd to August 30th.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

So......I did what you're never supposed to do.....tried a bunch of new things at once.
I've always been curious about tallow soap; I don't know if I've ever used one before as I've always stuck with Proraso, Ogallalla, Williams, and Wilkinson plus a bunch of creams.
I've also been wondering about other Russian blades besides Astras and Nacets, especially after pairing them in OC razors like my Old, New, and Fatip.
The shave...cautious....but close and comfortable. No nicks or weepers, and at least a DFS the first time. I won't be spending a bunch of time with each combo because there's so much to try out, but so far, so good.
I finished off with Clubman Vanilla, because, well, it's Clubman Friday.
So.........if anyone can identify the 3 piece razor here I'd love to know. It kinda looks like some type of Gillette but there's barely any curve between the base plate and cap; there are no markings on it, and it doesn't appear similar to any of the other razors I've used before. Probably not a daily driver, but...wow..

Luc, thanks again for putting this together; you'll probably get sick of hearing it but what an opportunity to try stuff out.

Nick_O; you're next on the list and I'll be shipping this out by Sunday, August 20 depending on my work travel schedule. I'll PM you for coordinates.

Jeff.
View attachment 812044 View attachment 812044 View attachment 812045
That is the infamous unknown slantyish razor that I found at a flea market a couple years ago. It had it's own pass around before I put it in the box. I believe it was aka the let there be blood tour. Go ahead and try it out.

That is the infamous unknown slantyish razor that I found at a flea market a couple years ago. It had it's own pass around before I put it in the box. I believe it was aka the let there be blood tour. Go ahead and try it out.

It's going to have a test drive over the weekend. That way at least I have a little time to heal.

Hi all,

Duty called, and I was flown literally across the country on Sunday morning to assist during commissioning of a new gold mine. I've brought my own kit just so avoid leaving someone's gear in a hotel; I'm returning tonight to the west coast so I'll pick up where I left off. I did manage to capture a pre-departure shave with the stubby razor and some Razorock soap; I'll post a pic when I can get online with my phone.
That shave was so enjoyable I'd like to know if the owner is willing to trade off one of these little guys for a super speed in the travel box. I have '40s and black handles to complement the flare tip already there. Heck, I'd even be willing to toss my Ming Shi in the box if anyone down the line wants to try it out.

Nick, unfortunate you can't make it as I'm just off 160th near Morgan Creek; the handover would have been very simple. Maybe next time around. Enjoy your time off and I'll send it off to Mnt Man.(edit, I can't bring his name up in private messaging. If you're watching, please get ahold of me!)
PM going out next to get his coordinates.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
See post 42 to see Mnt Man's profile

For the razor, you can exchange it for another razor or change the razor for software. Those are the rules. I reckon it's better software considering that there are so many razors

PM sent. I go home from camp on Thursday night so that will work well! I will send it off before I got back to work so my turn might be a bit shorter is all.

I'm confirming good receipt of the message.
Back to back amazing shaves upon return from my own unplanned travels; I scrubbed the razors down with scrubbing bubbles and I will make a small donation, three tiny a/s decants. I'm putting in Ogallala Sandalwood, RR Puros, and some Fine Italian Citrus. I won't pull the little Yuma as I don't have any idea of it's value.
I've really enjoyed the razorock soaps, and the Baby Blue a/s is a real winner.
I will hang on to the gear for one more day; the box is a little tattered already and it has a long way to go still.
Mtn Man, I'll post tracking info on Tuesday when I ship it off.
And, of course, some more pics...
IMG_20170818_184819.jpg
IMG_20170810_200602.jpg

Did you like the Rapira blade? I tried one the other day and was not impressed. Curious if I had a bad blade or just not for me.

Did you like the Rapira blade? I tried one the other day and was not impressed. Curious if I had a bad blade or just not for me.
Not impressed either, tuggy from the start and it didn't smooth out for me. I have a couple tucks of "other" Rapiras and I'm hoping they'll be a little better.
Back to my own hardware so I'll throw it in a Red Tip or something to see if that makes any difference.

Top Bottom