What's new

AUGUST 2017 SCORES

Status
Not open for further replies.
I waited more than two months for these soaps to arrive; the first shipment was lost and we had to wait before the second shipment was authorized. The second shipment took about a week. Very happy so far after using Soek this evening; very nice soap and I love the scent (Christmas time scent).
IMG_1864.JPG

proxy.php

BNIB Omega Hi Brush in barber pole! I think it's my new go to off of one shave so far. We will see going forward...
proxy.php

Received a package from PAA today. I had to try the new Alpha Ecliptic and filled the order with some other things to try to get the free shipping:

Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Bakelite Alpha Ecliptic Slant Razor - Ox Blood
Crown King Sacré Bleu Kokum Butter Shave Soap
Imported Williams Aqua Velva Aftershave
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Genuine Creosote Seasonal & Limited Aftershave Splash

IMG_6564.jpg
IMG_6565.jpg

Received a package from PAA today. I had to try the new Alpha Ecliptic and filled the order with some other things to try to get the free shipping:

Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Genuine Creosote Seasonal & Limited Aftershave Splash

View attachment 812956 View attachment 812957
That slant looks tough. Please post after you use it

View attachment 812956 View attachment 812957

Cool, Steve. I also got my Bakelite Alpha Ecliptic today. Knowing it was coming, I planned on a late afternoon shave so I loaded a new Personna Platinum Chrome and went to work. Head looks evil BUT ... talk about an efficient razor! Blade feel and audible feedback were quite evident but with light pressure this near weightless razor made quick, easy work of my stubble. I loved turning the razor to get a reverse blade angle. Despite blade feel and the sound of whisker destruction this slant gave me a very comfortable shave. Three passes ended with a BBS sporting glass-like skin. For me slants have been okay razors but not a top choice. This one has me looking at slants in a different light. I expect I'll be using this razor quite often.

Cool, Steve. I also got my Bakelite Alpha Ecliptic today. Knowing it was coming, I planned on a late afternoon shave so I loaded a new Personna Platinum Chrome and went to work. Head looks evil BUT ... talk about an efficient razor! Blade feel and audible feedback were quite evident but with light pressure this near weightless razor made quick, easy work of my stubble. I loved turning the razor to get a reverse blade angle. Despite blade feel and the sound of whisker destruction this slant gave me a very comfortable shave. Three passes ended with a BBS sporting glass-like skin. For me slants have been okay razors but not a top choice. This one has me looking at slants in a different light. I expect I'll be using this razor quite often.

Great to hear Ron. I'm glad it worked well. Everything I heard about the Aluminum version has been positive and it appears it carries over well to the Bakelite version. Now you have me even more excited to try it out.
Steve

Many thanks for sharing your experience, Ron. Was on the fence about buying one, but after reading your reviewit has moved into the on-deck circle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom