What's new

Paladin Purple Haze Lollapalooza

Thanks, Bruce!

Awesome. His acoustic playing was special. Anyone who got to see this intimate type of stuff, saw something very very special. He truly seemed like he loved his fans and appreciated them.

Wow. Never heard that before. I don't think of him as a Delta blues kinda guy, but there it is.

Yeah, he really could do it all.

I have a bootleg with soundboard audio (likely reel to reel) of Jimi alone in his apparent playing a handful of songs....it's almost magical to listen to him. He rearranges some songs, plays some rare ones, talks, jibber jabbers, messes up a few times and believe you can even here the phone ring at one point.

This ones for you Ken. I had never seen it before but echos what I was trying to say in an earlier post.

And the performance. It's rare to see that many guitar legends jamming together, what a sight and sound.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
No words. Just WOW.

Had never seen either of those before.

Crossed my mind to think it would have been cool to hear Johnny Cash sing Watchtower.

Thanks, Bruce!

Not to move the conversation away from Jimi, but the only one of those Hall of Fame all-star jams that impressed me was "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" where (for better or for worse) Prince stole the performance:

$1.50 for a 4.5 hr concert including The Jimi Hendrix Experience 50y ago today...my how times and concerts have changed, and not for the better.

6eec3f80a7e6181a20d1251c0f03711a.jpg

Not to move the conversation away from Jimi, but the only one of those Hall of Fame all-star jams that impressed me was "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" where (for better or for worse) Prince stole the performance:

After Prince passed away, somebody showed me that and I've watched it about a million times since. It's amazing.

-----

As for Jimi, "Little Wing" is one of my favorites. I could listen to it on repeat for ages. There are several covers that I like, too.

Go Jimi Go!

You can tell he wants to bust loose a few times but resists to keep it professional. It would only be a matter of time before he would take center stage and unleash his magic on the world.

Last edited:

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
We’ve decided to run the Paladin Purple Haze Lollapalooza through the Labor Day Weekend. The cutoff for qualifying entries will be midnight on Monday, September 4. After that it will probably take us at least a few days to sort everything out and notify the winners.

Regrettably, we haven’t had much time to put into this event since announcing it. I had hoped to take more active part in making it fun and interesting. We very much appreciate those who stepped in and helped take up the slack.

Sincere thanks to all who participated!

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
So, a friend of mine for over 30 years, who collects our brushes and knows about the Purple Haze Lollapalooza, gives me a Purple Haze Zippo lighter.

JH-PZ-Zippo.jpg

Pretty cool, eh?

He even included some lighter fluid.

JH-PH-Z-w-LF.jpg

But he knows I have a Marshall amp.

JH-PH-Z-on-MA.jpg

And and a fully original '65 Fender Strat (not of the re-issue variety).

CB-w-FS-&-PHZ.jpg

What should I make of this?

What does this guy expect me to do?

Is he really a friend?

Last edited:
So, a friend of mine for over 30 years, who collects our brushes and knows about the Purple Haze Lollapalooza, gives me a Purple Haze Zippo lighter.

View attachment 818470

Pretty cool, eh?

View attachment 818471

View attachment 818473

View attachment 818474

Is he really a friend?
Don't do it!

View attachment 818470

Pretty cool, eh?

View attachment 818471

View attachment 818473

View attachment 818474

Is he really a friend?

Oh my. That strat is beautiful.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
We've identified by random selection and notified all winners of the Paladin Purple Haze Lollapalooza. Thanks to everyone who participated!

No notification here :( but I have nothing to complain about. A Paladin/M&F Disco PK-47 is my daily brush. It was a gift from Ken a while back and one I am very fortunate to own, my favorite brush by a long shot.

I've always loved Ken's Purple Haze stock, since the first time he showed it to us. Whoever was lucky enough to win one, is in for an amazing treat.

Thanks to Ken for running the generous giveaway and bringing some Jimi to B&B. It was one of the most interesting and fun threads I've seen on here in a long time.

Freshly used minutes before I took this pic and posted.

proxy.php

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Two of the winners (one of a KC-London, Purple Haze Chief and the other of the Manic Depression El Dorado) are US veterans who served in Iraq and Afganistan, respectively, and both of whom were injured in accidents while subsequently working in those countries as contractors.

We're not going to identify the winners by name (or username) unless they do so first, but we hope they will post.

Top Bottom