What's new

Elite Razor - Custom and Unique Razors and Brushes

I recently was able to complete a project I have been working on for quite some time. I have had a number of inquiries about a Barber Pole handle in acrylic. I built a couple a few years ago and have periodically been tinkering with the segmenting and adhesion of the individual acrylic pieces. A few weeks ago, everything came together and shown below is the new and improved acrylic Barber Pole razor handle.

I have completed 2 of the longer length handles and will soon have the shorter handle and maybe a Mach 3 or two available. The handles are available as a finished 3-piece razor, a finished 2-piece Merkur HD razor or just the handle alone to be used with your 3-piece head that is compatible with a Merkur or Edwin Jagger handle.

3- Piece handle
proxy.php

Shown with an Edwin Jagger head
proxy.php

Fitted to a 2-piece Merkur 38C
proxy.php

As always, thanks for looking,

Bob

Shown below are a couple of new brushes that have just been listed on my site at http://www.eliterazor.com.

Blue Lapis with a 28mm knot - The brush is shown with a 28mm Manchurian White knot set at a 54mm loft. It can also be fitted with a 3-band High Mountain White knot. This piece of Lapis has exceptional veins of Pyrite running through it that provide a beautiful contrast to the blue of the Lapis.
proxy.php

Coffee and Cream with a 26mm knot - This unique crystal clear handle has ribbons of dark brown and white running through it. It is shown with a 26mm Manchurian White knot set at a 51mm loft. It can also be fitted with a 3-band High Mountain White knot.
proxy.php

As always, thanks for looking.

Bob

In between custom requests, I have been able to add several new pieces to my site at http://www.eliterazor.com. The items shown below are just a few of the new additions.

Olive wood brush with a 26mm knot - This handle is shown with a 2-band Manchurian White knot, but may also be fitted with a 3-band High Mountain White knot.
proxy.php

Lady Amhert's Pheasant razor handle - The Lady Amherst’s pheasant is named after Lady Sarah Amherst, husband of William Pitt Amherst (Governor-General of India from 1823 to 1828), who first introduced the species to Britain in the early 1800s. Pheasants are part of the Galliformes family, made up of domestic, ground-feeding birds that do not typically fly. These birds use their bright colors and visually stunning feathers for courtship, communication, running, and fighting rather than for flying.
proxy.php

Wild Horse Jasper razor handle - Wild Horse Jasper is named for the location where it is mined, at the Wild Horse Canyon in Oregon. It belongs to the family of quartz. The name is Greek in origin, meaning “spotted or speckled stone” and Jasper was a favorite gemstone of ancient times and can be traced back to Greek, Hebrew, Persian, Latin, and Assyrian literature. In mythology, Jasper is said to have powers to keep evil and fatal insect or reptile bites at bay. This particularly handsome Wild Horse Jasper stone is prized for its’ crimson and jet black veins.
proxy.php

Acrylic Barber Pole Mach 3 razor
proxy.php

Bob

I will be out of town during the first week in April, returning on the 9th. I will ship any items sold as soon as I return.

I have added a couple of new brushes to my site at http://www.eliterazor.com as shown below.

Prism 24mm
proxy.php

Thuya Burl 24mm
proxy.php

Crimson Swirl 24mm
proxy.php

Bob

Below are a couple of new pieces that I have just listed on my site at http://www.eliterazor.com.

Crimson Swirl - 24mm
proxy.php

Copper Laced Onyx - 28mm
proxy.php

Arizona Jade - This is a new stone I have just acquired. The brush has already been sold, but I do have more of the Arizona Jade in my shop, if you are interested. The handle is made from Arizona Jade. North American Jade, also known as Jadeite is found in areas from the southwest up to Montana. Jade stone is very hard and was shaped into tools by Neolithic people. The Aztecs, Mayas and other North American peoples of Mexico and Central America carved Jadeite for use as ornaments, amulets and badges of rank.
proxy.php

Bob

I have recently received a new shipment of the feather blanks, as well as some snakeskin blanks. I have begun working with these pieces and will be adding them to my site at http://www.eliterazor.com in the coming weeks. Several of these pieces which I have already completed are shown below. These handle will be available in my standard offering suite, as 3-piece handles only, fitted with either a Merkur, Edwin Jagger or Muhle 3-piece head or fitted to a Merkur HD 2-part razor.

Golden Pheasant - The Golden Pheasant is native to the mountain forests of China, but have established wild populations throughout the world. The name comes from the male’s beautiful red and gold plumage.
proxy.php

Diamondback Rattlesnake - The Diamondback is native to the Southwestern U.S. It is known as the “King of the Southwestern Rattlers” and is responsible for more snakebites than any other venomous snake in the United States. The Diamondback Rattlesnake is typically 6-7 feet long and its basic color ranges from brown to gray to pinkish, depending on the shade of its habitat. Its back is lined with dark diamond-shaped blotches outlined by lighter-colored scales.
proxy.php

Copperhead - The Copperhead snake is widespread throughout the United States, particularly in the Southeast. This common snake accounts for the largest number of snake bites in the US every year and North Carolina holds the dubious title of the state with the most snakebite cases each year. Copperhead snakes are pit vipers; poisonous snakes that are named for the two heat sensing pits used to locate prey that are positioned between the eyes and the nostrils. The Copperhead comes in several color variations, depending on the location, from bright copper and light through to very dark brown shades. When adult they are moderately sized snakes, normally reaching 2–4 feet, with thick, heavy bodies.
proxy.php

I have also acquired a shipment of wood that I have not worked in quite a long time. Shown below is a brush built from Tulipwood, which is native to tropical South America, especially northeastern Brazil, and also can be found in Colombia, Guyana and Venezuela. The sapwood of tulipwood ranges in color from creamy to solid yellow. The vivid heartwood is straw-colored to pink-yellow, marked with irregular streaks of yellow, rose, pink and violet. The wood is lustrous, and has a rather fine texture with a grain that can be straight or, more often, irregular. Tulipwood most often is used decoratively as veneers for inlay and marquetry.
proxy.php

Bob

Shown below are several new brushes that have been added to my site at http://www.eliterazor.com.

Alternate Tortoiseshell - shown with a 26mm knot
proxy.php

Blue Sky - shown with a 24mm knot
proxy.php

Black/White - shown with a 24mm knot
proxy.php

Bob

I recently bought a 24mm Manchurian fan knot from Bob for a brush restore I was doing and I have to say the knot is exceptional. Every bit as good as the very best knots I've tried (Shavemac, Paladin, Declaration Brushworks).

Buy with confidence.

Thanks, David

I also just completed and listed the Prism brush shown below with a 24mm knot

proxy.php

Bob

A couple of new pieces have been added at http://www.eliterazor.com

Arizona Jade - This is a new stone for me and the result were spectacular. Arizona Jade Jade, also known as Jadeite is found in areas from the southwest up to Montana. Jade stone is very hard and was shaped into tools by Neolithic people. The Aztecs, Mayas and other North American peoples of Mexico and Central America carved Jadeite for use as ornaments, amulets and badges of rank.
proxy.php

Alternate Tortoiseshell
proxy.php

Texas Rat Snake - This non-venomous snake will generally be 4 – 6 feet in length when fully grown. Texas Rate snakes are excellent climbers and can be found in attics. The snake is often referred to by its common name “Chicken Snake”, due to its fondness for freshly laid chicken eggs and chicks.
proxy.php

Black and White Ebony - I went a little "Old School" with this brush. It is shown with a 24mm Manchurian knot.
proxy.php

Amboyna Burl - This handle is shown below with a 24mm knot, but can accept a 26mm knot.
proxy.php

Bob

Shown below is a brush in the Takamine shape that I have just completed and listed on my site at http://www.eliterazor.com. It is a deep Crimson red that is semi-transparent. It is shown with a 26mm Manchurian White Fan knot
proxy.php

Bob

A couple of new brushes have been added to my site at http://www.eliterazor.com, as shown below:

Ancient Kauri - This brush can be fitted with either a 24(shown), 26 or 28mm knot. Ancient Kauri is the World's oldest workable wood. New Zealand native Kauri trees that fell thousands of years ago are known simply as Ancient Kauri. The trees have been buried and preserved underground in swamps for more than 45,000 years. Numerous independent radio carbon dating by world experts confirm that at more than 45,000 years old, the buried Ancient Kauri recovered in the far north of New Zealand is among the oldest of all Ancient Kauri found and certainly the oldest workable wood in the world… by a long, long way. Ancient Kauri pre-dates the migration of Neanderthal man into North America, the hunt for mammoths and cave paintings in Europe. The Kauri forest was already buried some 25,000 years before the on-set of the last Ice Age giving scientists an important insight into Earths climatic past.
proxy.php

Desert Ironwood Burl - 24mm Desert Ironwood only grows in the washes and valleys of the Sonoran Desert below 2,500 foot elevation. Desert Ironwood is very hard and dense. It actually sinks in water. Tradition has it that carvings made from the Desert Ironwood bring good fortune and long life. Desert Ironwood reaches maturity at 2000 years, more or less. It was originally used by the Seri Native Americans of Mexico for tool handles. Today the Seri Indians make carvings of desert plants and animals from the ironwood. Desert Ironwood was the original choice of material for the grips of the Colt .45 handgun.
proxy.php

Below is a Honduran Rosewood Burl handle with a 26mm Manchurian White knot that was built for a custom order. This was one of those pleasant surprises where the block really didn't look like much when I mounted it on the lathe, but literally "turned" into an exceptional piece as the interior was exposed.
proxy.php

As always, thank for looking,

Bob

I've gotten back into shaving brush mode and have added quite a few new pieces to my site at http://www.eliterazor.com.

The brushes shown below were listed this afternoon and are all available.

As an FYI - I will be out of the country from June 8 - 18, so any order placed after Tuesday, June 6th, will be shipped on the 19th.

Stone brushes - all the handles are shown with a 24mm knot, but can be adjusted to accept a 26mm knot
From left to right: Larimar, Wild Horse Jasper, Malachite, Azurite with Malachite and Arizona Jade
proxy.php

Alternate Briar Burl - 24 or 24mm
proxy.php

Alternate Briar Burl with Ivory - 26mm
proxy.php

Amboyna Burl - This is an exceptional piece of Amboyna and can also accept either a 24 or 26mm knot.
proxy.php

Desert Ironwood Burl - 24mm
proxy.php

Bob

I have just added a few additional stone brushes to my site at http://www.eliterazor.com. They are all shown with 24mm knot, but can be adjusted to accept a 26mm knot.

Just a reminder, I will be out of town from June 8th - 18th. Any orders received after Tuesday, June 6th will be shipped when I return on June 19th.

Bloody Basin Jasper
proxy.php

Blue Lapis
proxy.php

Copper Laced Onyx
proxy.php

Gold Laced Quartz
proxy.php

Gold Laced Onyx
proxy.php

Bob

I have completed a couple of new brushes added to my site at http://www.eliterazor.com. There are several others that are within a couple of days of completing the finishing process that will be added in the next few days.

Cocobolo - 26mm
proxy.php

Honduran Rosewood Burl - 24mm
proxy.php

I also have the Green and Black resin brush shown below that was built for a custom order that was not completed. It has a 26mm Manchurian White Bulb knot set at a 53mm loft.
proxy.php

Bob

As promised, shown below are some of the most recent brushes to come out of the shop. These pieces are listed and available on my site at http://www.eliterazor.com.

Blue/Black Resin (24 - 26mm) The light really plays beautifully off this handle as it turns in the hand. It is shown with a 24mm knot, but can be adjusted to accept a 26mm knot.
proxy.php

Black Walnut - 28mm This is a reprise of a handle shape I built about 5 years ago, an inverted Persian Jar.
proxy.php

Teak - 26mm
proxy.php

Tulip wood (24 - 26mm) The grain on this wood is exceptional. It is shown with a 24mm knot, but can be adjusted to accept a 26mm knot.
proxy.php

Amboyna Burl (24 - 26mm) One of the most regal woods available. It was chosen for the dashboard wood of the original Rolls Royce. It is shown with a 24mm knot, but can be adjusted to accept a 26mm knot.
proxy.php

Bob

Top Bottom