What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
At long last I've purchased a timeless de today. .68 OC. Now in anticipation mode and ups watch.

Hope I like the of and a 100mm handle.

I purchased a Gem today. I believe from what I read it's a 1912 model made in 1919 with the Brooklyn stamps inside. Please clarify for me I would love more info. I hear they are great razors. And since I am a member of the plating is overrated brotherhood! I may leave it as it is! Let me know your thoughts

1921-1929: The Brooklyn Gem 1912's - these say "Brooklyn, New York" on the inside of the base plate. Sold in a variety of packages with several different handles.

--Bob

First Shave with a gem 1912

These just came in the mail. A NDC 40s notched super speed, and an English tech also no date code. Anyone know about what date it would be? Also they came with 2 cases that I am guessing is both for super speeds and I am guessing the red one would be for the super speed I have.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

These just came in the mail. A NDC 40s notched super speed, and an English tech also no date code. Anyone know about what date it would be? Also they came with 2 cases that I am guessing is both for super speeds and I am guessing the red one would be for the super speed I have.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Nice Super Speed!

Early '60's I think on the Tech, maybe late '50's, doesn't have cutouts on the ends of the baseplate, still using ribs on the cap for blade alignment.

My 1st slant; my first Russian--
compressed to 273KB.JPG

compressed.JPG

According to my source in Volgograd (formerly Stalingrad) it was made by Red Star Enterprise from 1957 - 1965.
If anyone knows more history about this thing, please share it. I cannot even read the box!

Got my three OLD types:

Gold finish with a split tube that I'll have to repair, 1917 serial number

Nickel plated ball end minus the ball (with several cracks in the tube, of course) in a battered snap top case minus blade holder

And a silver plated single ring with a 1907 serial number in a battered case minus blade holders.

The 1907 is near mint, just a tiny crack in the tube.

Will be fun to shave with these eventually.

Got my three OLD types:

Gold finish with a split tube that I'll have to repair, 1917 serial number

Nickel plated ball end minus the ball (with several cracks in the tube, of course) in a battered snap top case minus blade holder

And a silver plated single ring with a 1907 serial number in a battered case minus blade holders.

The 1907 is near mint, just a tiny crack in the tube.

Will be fun to shave with these eventually.
Where are the pictures? This thread is no fun with out pictures[emoji14]

The Gods of RAD have smiled on me again. A 1955 Red Tip (A2) and a 1963 Slim Adjustable (I1) for $5.00 each. Both have a little plating loss from being used but should perform as well as they where meant to. I have another Slim Adjustable with the very same date code, I1, what are the odds of that?
IMGA00151.jpg

R

romsitsa

My 1st slant; my first Russian--
View attachment 806398
View attachment 806399
According to my source in Volgograd (formerly Stalingrad) it was made by Red Star Enterprise from 1957 - 1965.
If anyone knows more history about this thing, please share it. I cannot even read the box!

The box reads:
zavod - factory
Krasnaya Zvezda - red star
Mockva- Moscow
Maybe Pushkinskaya ul. 32.- Pushkins street 32.
Nice razor with a nice box.

Adam

The Gods of RAD have smiled on me again. A 1955 Red Tip (A2) and a 1963 Slim Adjustable (I1) for $5.00 each. Both have a little plating loss from being used but should perform as well as they where meant to. I have another Slim Adjustable with the very same date code, I1, what are the odds of that?
View attachment 806525
Nice score. $5 is cheap

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Fat handle Tech in a Star box. This is the second Gillette I've gotten recently in a sliding top bakelite Star case.

full

Not sure what that tiny extra compartment is for, maybe just a barrier for the handle to stay put.

Top Bottom