What's new

Mail call and discussion topic for 7/24/2017 B&B Radio

Shave Soaps are King at B&B, but........

• Yes I use shave soaps, but I have at least 5 or more shave Creams I use every so often

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Yes I use shave soaps, but I have between 3-4 shave creams I use every so often

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Yes I use shave soaps, but I have between 1-2 shave creams I use every so often

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • I Voted Shave Soaps, and that is all that I use!

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • I use shave creams and am voting just to be a spoiler

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Starting this one early for content, as I apologize for not having the last one up soon enough so no we have 12-das to continue the discussion. One of out regular Radio Listeners @rockviper suggested as a follow up, now that we know 74% of those polled prefer sopas, over creams.

Now here is the question. Of you 74% how many of you have Shave creams in the den and use regularly and what brands and types??

Take part in the poll, ask some questions for the show. this should be a good topic.

Thanks Sam for the suggestion.

Yes I have a few creams. Maca Root, Proraso Green and Blue, and Nivea. But honestly don't see myself replacing any of them except maybe the Maca Root.

I have 3 Prorasos, 1 Captains's Choice, 3 Taylor of Old Bond Street, 1 Cremo (probably won't replace) and several samples. I will always have some of the Proraso and TOBS in my den, they work well are are just too easy to use.

@DocHoliday0831 TJ,
Soaps are usually hard in puck format, in a tin or bowl, and some are triple milled so they last forever. They will release much of the scent when lathered, can be used in a bowl or straight to the face, and are commonly loaded with a much drier brush and water added as you go so you work the lather a bit more.

Creams are softer and usually come in tubes, or plastic containers, but sometimes poured into tins or tubs. Usually you can squeeze a dollop the size of a almond or so on your brush and go straight to the bowl or face and water. They are usually much easier to lather, and for the most part the fragrance is consistent from start to finish. Many times they do not quite have the residual and post face feel of soaps, but are still very good. The AOS and Proraso Single blade being very very good

They you have a croap, which is somewhat of a hybrid, not as hard as a traditional soap but not as liquid as a cream. Dr Jons, Acqua di Parma, some others

Hope that helps

I don't have anything in a tube, but several of my soap samples are pretty soft. I'm just calling it a soap until I can squeeze it out of something.

Thanks @skypsyd, Dave that helped explain it for me as well. I have to admit as a newbie to traditional shaving I've only used soaps so far and still use canned foam on occasion when time is pressing. The great part with this new hobby/addiction/therapy is finding out about things you never even knew existed.

@skypsyd that was extremely helpful and I really enjoyed the show last week! The guy from groomatorium seemed like a decent genuine guy. Subscription done both for the podcast and YouTube

I have a topic for the next video episode. I've been asking you a little about SE razors. Would a primer on what's available outside of DE and straight razors be too simple for your crowd? Which blades different types of SE take and pros and cons of each.

I have a topic for the next video episode. I've been asking you a little about SE razors. Would a primer on what's available outside of DE and straight razors be too simple for your crowd? Which blades different types of SE take and pros and cons of each.
That is excellent and have it on the agenda, Thanks Dave!!

I have a few creams still in my den but I definitely prefer soaps. When it comes to soap I prefer harder soaps that are at least firm enough to hold their shape without being in a tin or tub. I'll admit that there are fewer "hard" soaps than there are softer soaps and "Croap" ...and my preference for harder soaps is almost entirely subjective.
Other than Proraso Single blade (and probably the original green) I don't see myself ever buying or replacing any creams.

Mostly soaps. Tried a few cremes, and still use my Captain's Choice. Nothing against cremes, but I just like my soaps. Plus I find a lot of "vegan" products don't work well for me, so tallow soaps are my main purchases.

Thanks Everyone for the Questions, content and taking part in the poll, Stay tuned for the show this coming Monday

Thanks Again!

Top Bottom