What's new

The Great Canadian Pass Around Box 4 - The Round!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Here it is. Following the sign-up thread for the #ctb4, this is now the actual round!

This means that sign-up is now closed and there won't be any addition at this stage.

A recap on the rules that were published in the sign-up thread (nothing changed).

Rules

- You get the box for 10 days. You can send it out sooner but try not to exceed your allowed time. A post office trip will only take 20 mins of your time.
- You are responsible to contact the next member. Do this when you receive the box to reduce any delay.
- Post some pictures of the full content of the box(or a detailed description) when you receive it so we know where it is and what's left in it.
- Review the items that you use or at least post once about them. No need to do it every day, no need to post a picture either! A thread without updates is not fun.
- Only Shaving soaps, shaving creams and Aftershaves are currently acceptable. A bit of cologne is okay. I left some beard oil but they don't seem popular... Also, things like a night cream should not go in the box. Do not add any new hardware. Razors (SE/DE/Shavettes), Shave Brushes or razor blades aren't moving much so let's leave those out for now. I left what was in the previous boxes.
- Avoid bulky items. I.e. a 400ml full bottle of Aftershave will probably end up with 392ml when the round ends, if we are lucky... It's heavy, it takes a lot of space, it might prevent new items to go in the box.
- If you take an item out, replace it with something equivalent in value. Do not put anything that you wouldn't use. This is not a trash can!
- Clean any item that you tried.

Don't forget, it's your job to contact then next person in line when you get the box, do this as soon as you get the box so it won't sit in a dark corner for a long time!

Special note, Mnt Man may need to be moved a bit between roderick and Senate515.

Itinerary
spookmeister
Esetter
Nick_O
Mnt Man
roderick
Senate515
Mullen88
hedgeway
imcndn
Stingy Jack
Skip
Evgueni
jdburger
mio_cuggino
Comet
Luc
md1234

I will add some pictures soonish to this thread showing what's in the box.

When md1234 is done with the box, it will be sent back to me and we should see what happens with it after. If someone wants to take over, they are welcome!

Luc

Staff member
Here's what's in the box:
upload_2017-7-17_8-18-40.jpeg

Beard oil
upload_2017-7-17_8-18-55.jpeg

Shave brushes
upload_2017-7-17_8-19-14.jpeg

Blades and shavettes + Gold dollar
upload_2017-7-17_8-19-41.jpeg

More Safety Razors
upload_2017-7-17_8-20-3.jpeg
upload_2017-7-17_8-20-20.jpeg

Soaps
upload_2017-7-17_8-20-42.jpeg
upload_2017-7-17_8-20-53.jpeg

Aftershave
upload_2017-7-17_8-21-29.jpeg
upload_2017-7-17_8-21-4.jpeg

Luc

Staff member
More AS
upload_2017-7-17_8-22-24.jpeg

upload_2017-7-17_8-22-34.jpeg

That's it. I also have a decant of RazoRock Baby Blue, Omega shave cream and Kent Shave cream that I will add to the box before it leaves my place. PM already sent to get @spookmeister
full address

Boom!

Thanks for another huge effort, Luc and I hope that you guys have a lot of fun with this box, eh!

Great job as always Luc. Thank you for the considerable work you put into this endeavor.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Just sent the Address!! Can't wait to try it. Do you think 4 shaves a day is overkill OMG there is a lot of stuff in there :)

Super excited!

Luc

Staff member
Got the address, I will try to package this week and post. Will post back here when done with tracking number.

Luc

Staff member
The box is moving

Tracking number

8.665kg
29.47$ to ship with taxes

Luc

Staff member
For those who prefer a direct link: Canada Post - Track - Personal Results Details

I don't think it will be that long to get to BC but with Canada post, you never know...

Also, shipping price seems high but keep in mind that the box is crossing the country. Going from a province to the next province(close to each other) is not that bad usually. You should expect a 15$-20$ shipping price. It gives you an idea when there's so many heavy things such as razors or full glass bottles of AS (which were removed)

So after a lot of smelling, and exploring, I made my decisions for tonight's shave.
IMG_20170731_164229.jpg

Never tried any of these products before. I love the smell of The Cabin, very rich thick lather. Not sure about the Shark blade, but I'll give it another chance. Tried all the settings from 1 to 9 on the fatboy, and liked 6 the best :)

Good shave finished with a great EDT

Was a great shave, the EDT is a very warm mellow scent. Don't get much tobacco from it, but very nice, and the wife couldn't stop sniffing me.

Top Bottom