What's new

Timeless.... Stainless or Titanium? Choices, choices, choices....

That is gorgeous!! My order for the Timeless will go in soon, in stainless. I'm just working on a covert mission and taking the Misses out for a night of fine wine and dining. I've got the ok for the master kit, but I'm trying to pull off in getting another handle, the Barber Pole one. I tried convincing her straight on yesterday, but that was like Picketts Charge at Gettysburg in the open field. Going to try an end around and left hook with the fine wine and surf & turf. Hopefully I'll break through and win in a route. See you in the Fort Men!!!

LMAO!! Good luck with softening up the Misses. The surf & turf sure sounds good to me! I think you should talk directly to Matt. He may be able to give you a special price on an added Barber pole handle. Hey it doesn't hurt to try. That's how I got the dual head.

LMAO!! Good luck with softening up the Misses. The surf & turf sure sounds good to me! I think you should talk directly to Matt. He may be able to give you a special price on an added Barber pole handle. Hey it doesn't hurt to try. That's how I got the dual head.
Thanks for the tip!!!

I would personally go with stainless just because I like the heft. Titanium is still expensive to machine so I don't think the price is going to be crazy different, if I had to guess maybe $150 for a razor instead of $210. Titanium is lighter so take that into consideration. Also most likely (again I'm guessing based on what I've seen), most Titanium comes polished? Personally I really like my matte finished stainless steel. Good like deciding, I went back and forth for a few months before I pulled the trigger, and that was without Titanium in the mix. You could always ask Timeless if they have a time frame of when the Titanium will be released and see if it is worth waiting for.

... Also most likely (again I'm guessing based on what I've seen), most Titanium comes polished? Personally I really like my matte finished stainless steel.
At least initially, the Ti Timeless razor is available in a matte finish. Not sure if they plan to offer polished Ti in the future or not. So if you're preference is for the matte finish, you are in luck!

I recently ordered the Stainless Timeless SB, 0.68 gap, H5 Dimpled handle (just loved the shape of it) with scalloped cap. Got an email this AM that she's on her way, can't wait.

I would personally go with stainless just because I like the heft. Titanium is still expensive to machine so I don't think the price is going to be crazy different, if I had to guess maybe $150 for a razor instead of $210. Titanium is lighter so take that into consideration. Also most likely (again I'm guessing based on what I've seen), most Titanium comes polished? Personally I really like my matte finished stainless steel. Good like deciding, I went back and forth for a few months before I pulled the trigger, and that was without Titanium in the mix. You could always ask Timeless if they have a time frame of when the Titanium will be released and see if it is worth waiting for.
At least initially, the Ti Timeless razor is available in a matte finish. Not sure if they plan to offer polished Ti in the future or not. So if you're preference is for the matte finish, you are in luck!
I recently ordered the Stainless Timeless SB, 0.68 gap, H5 Dimpled handle (just loved the shape of it) with scalloped cap. Got an email this AM that she's on her way, can't wait.

Seriously Guys..........

ds_12114_headline_b_v6.jpg

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I hate to say I returned my Timeless toward the end of my 30 day period. I just kept getting mystery nicks with it that I wouldn't have gotten with my Piccolo. I had the .68 gap. I think if I were to try one again I would get a titanium scalloped bar. Not so sure it would be any less likely to nick me though. It's a lot of money when my Fatip shaves easier for me. YMMV as always.

Seriously Guys..........

Don't listen to enablers... lol. :D

I've had mine in stainless steel for just over 2 weeks now scalloped bar with scalloped cap (.68 first, then added .95 week later). Both are fantastic to look, hold and shave with, very impressive. :a14:

I hate to say I returned my Timeless toward the end of my 30 day period. I just kept getting mystery nicks with it that I wouldn't have gotten with my Piccolo. I had the .68 gap. I think if I were to try one again I would get a titanium scalloped bar. Not so sure it would be any less likely to nick me though. It's a lot of money when my Fatip shaves easier for me. YMMV as always.

I posted in another Timeless thread too, with .68 it took me a while to get angle and pressure just right, mostly due to lack of blade feel. With .95 I felt at home right from first shave. No nicks, cuts or even close calls with either one.

Shame it didn't work for you. I'm really impressed with them and that's even after reading all great reviews and praises. I already had my expectations set quite high, and still, they delivered for me.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Hmm. Maybe I'll order a .95 in the future. Right now I'm already rolling around what to do with the refund when it comes through. An SE option was on my mind as well. Or just investing in a new strop or hone for my straight.

Top Bottom