What's new

Am I ready for a Timeless Razor yet?

Hi All,

Started using DE about 2 months ago with a Futur and I feel the need to get a Timeless Razor with pineapple handle. RAD is real and affecting me.

My concern is I have only been able to shave with the futur with a setting of 2 or less, any higher and I would have irritations on my neck area, I have tried with 3 on my face and would dial it down to 2 or 1 when I am doing my neck area, but still felt tht irritation,

Any suggestions or advice on what I should get? .68 .95, OC, scalloped, etc. The razor on my avatar is exactly what i wanted to get. Its about $250, Please advice, Thanks in advance!

DE shaving for 2 months and already want a Timeless...I've been DE shaving for over 3 years and I've just recently decided to treat myself to a Timeless...you definitely aren't ready...

All joking aside, is the Futur your only DE razor? It's kind of hard to suggest what you might like if you haven't really tried out many razors. Obviously if you like mild razors go with the .68 gap, if you like aggressive go with the .95, and if you like open combs go with that. Personally I just purchased a .68 scalloped and it's a great razor. At the end of the day I believe Timeless allows you to exchange parts if something doesn't work for you, so you can almost try it risk free. If you have only been DE shaving for 2 months, I think your money is better spent elsewhere so you can figure out what type of razors work best for your beard/skin type. Otherwise it's kinda like saying you want a Ferrari when you don't even know how to drive yet. It seems like you still might be working on your technique. Hope this helps a bit, probably not what you wanted to hear.

on the contrary, its exactly what I need to hear and I really appreciate your honestly and comment. @justino_14

I am still working on my technique and trying out different blades (Gillette Supers, Feathers, and Rockwell) different creams and soaps, and more razors.

I have settled on proraso red soap, and feather superiors, so far.

As for razors, the futur is the only DE I owned, I have tried different razors from various friends and collegues ranging from iKon, ATT, and BlackBird, and a few gilettes. I like the way ATT shaves the most thus far, the way it looks doesn;t awe me as much as a timeless. I think I fell in love with the Timeless the first time I saw it.

on the contrary, its exactly what I need to hear and I really appreciate your honestly and comment. @justino_14

I am still working on my technique and trying out different blades (Gillette Supers, Feathers, and Rockwell) different creams and soaps, and more razors.

I have settled on proraso red soap, and feather superiors, so far.

As for razors, the futur is the only DE I owned, I have tried different razors from various friends and collegues ranging from iKon, ATT, and BlackBird, and a few gilettes. I like the way ATT shaves the most thus far, the way it looks doesn;t awe me as much as a timeless. I think I fell in love with the Timeless the first time I saw it.

Just a suggestion, you say you have trouble with the futur on 3, maybe try a different blade? Feathers are known for their sharpness, so they are not always the most forgiving blades. Personally (and they are very popular blades) Astra Superior Platinums and Gillette Silver Blues are two great blades to try out. I haven't heard a ton about the Rockwell blades but I've heard some people say they don't like them. Also make sure you are shaving with the grain on your first pass. I know on my neck the hair grows in all different directions, so take a look into beard mapping if you haven't done so already. Hey at the end of the day if you have your hearts set on a Timeless and it is within your budget go for it!

Also the last poster made a good point, I've never tried the Futur, so if it's an aggressive razor it might not be the best for someone relatively new to the game, I know it never gets suggested for someone starting out.

I'm sure you'd be fine with the 0.68 Timeless, which, although not mild in the same way as a Feather ASD2 or later model Gillette Tech, is certainly not aggressive and gives an extremely smooth and efficient shave. My inclination, though, would be to experiment a bit with other razors before committing to the Timeless. You could try out some slant bars and open comb models, and see what you get on with. The Gillette New would be a good open comb to have a go with.

Only accurate guns are fun to shoot, only efficient razors are a joy to shave with, appearance is secondary.

If the money isn't a problem, go for it. Worst case scenario, you don't like it, sell it for a few bucks less than you paid.

It's a firm fact that descriptions of how a razor shaves only get you so far. You'll never really know until you try it. The Timeless is almost universally well regarded. If the money isn't an issue, go for it.

I wish I had started with a Timeless-- it's the easiest razor I've ever used! The .68 gap reminds me of using a cartridge razor and is probably perfect for most shavers. I have sensitive skin and a dense beard and found the .95 gap works better for me. I can get a great shave in two passes with the .95 compared to three with the .68. The extra pass seem to be what causes some irritation for me. The fewer passes the better for sensitive skin in my opinion.

You're absolutely ready I would say. I would also suggest the .68 SB timeless head if I were you with either top cap. The pineapple handle is very long keep in mind. I'm not a fan of long handles personally. The dimpled handle and the knurled handle are the best handles they make if you ask me.

Cant go wrong with Timeless...

I can shave with Timeless successfully, as my first real DE. I was using cartridge and Oneblade before buying Timeless.

You even started with Futur, which I think is much more aggressive than Timeless itself, even on setting 1, then you should be fine.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
If the money isn't a problem, go for it. Worst case scenario, you don't like it, sell it for a few bucks less than you paid.

It's a firm fact that descriptions of how a razor shaves only get you so far. You'll never really know until you try it. The Timeless is almost universally well regarded. If the money isn't an issue, go for it.

This! And if you don't like it, sell it.

I have one DE razor . . . I considered both Timeless and ATT . . . eventually went with the 0.58 ATT, but absolutely nothing wrong with the 0.68 Timeless. The razor will last you forever, and lets you concentrate on less expensive SAD instead of RAD . . . at least I think it's less expensive . . .

I have one DE razor . . . I considered both Timeless and ATT . . . eventually went with the 0.58 ATT, but absolutely nothing wrong with the 0.68 Timeless. The razor will last you forever, and lets you concentrate on less expensive SAD instead of RAD . . . at least I think it's less expensive . . .

Not much cheaper if you're doing it right. :)

Never liked the futur. Timeless, in my opinion, has perfected the way to hold the thin DE blade. I've tried all the vintage gillettes, ATT, wolfman SB, blackbird, and pils. The timeless .68 SB or OC is the perfect razor for me and I bet for 95% of guys.

Thanks for all comments and suggestions, The reason I wanted a Timeless razor is all the reviews and comments on it from many members and I am hoping this will be my end all be all go to Razor. Its appearance does not hinder my decision, I am just hoping it would be the last razor I would buy. =) tho i am certain RAD had gotten the best of me as I find myself reading about various razors from all the wonderful reviews and post from the members here.

Thank you everyone!

Top Bottom