What's new

LASIK Eye sight correction surgery

I don't need reading glasses yet. Unlike five years ago I squint reading small print.
I will try the one eye contact experiment.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
After reading this, I guess I won't be doing it. My distance is okay, but reading (especially under 12 point type) requires glasses.

I had it done about 15 years ago. I had more side effects than the average bear but eventually recovered to perfect vision. Needed readers by 38....

Had it done 20 years ago. Didn't need reading glasses until I was about 50-52. I have some astigmatism though that is now acting up so I am thinking of having them tweaked a bit. Hell, if they last another 20 years with no problems I'll be so damned old I won't care.

Best money I spent back in the day - prior to all the deployments overseas.

I've thought about getting it done. I'm fine for reading but reading at a distance is blurry. I do the mono vision with conracts. I just pop one in one eye and I can see both far and near, no readers needed. If I were to get the surgery I would just do one one for distance and leave the other alone. This would bring the cost down in half!

How is your up close now? Can you read without glasses? If you are fine then mono vision is a great option. You could try the contact thing for a while to see if you can adjust to it before you go the surgery route.

So I have worn one eye contact several times when I go to the gym and it works. Eye glasses are superior but not practical for the gym. Thanks!

So I have worn one eye contact several times when I go to the gym and it works. Eye glasses are superior but not practical for the gym. Thanks!
Glad it is working for you. You might try switching eyes. I get much better results from having the contact in my left eye as opposed to my right.

Had PRK completed on both eyes with the custom wave front lasik laser. That was in 2009. No problems whatsoever. Eyes are still 20/20.

Me and my wife had wavefront lasik from Dr Berg in Los Angeles. It's a bit newer tech over the old kind, it's customized to your specific eye contour instead of a generic prescription. Can't recommend Dr. Bergs practice enough, he does everyone from the normal like me to the stars. Both me and my wife ended up after a couple weeks of healing at 20/15.

Had it done 10 years ago, 20/15 for a few years, now 20/20. My eye doctor recently said the job was very well done with minimal scarring. I still don't need reading glasses. The way technology is now, I wouldn't hesitate.

Top Bottom