What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" June 19th - June 25th, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
6/25/2017
Jamie's Sunday Shave.
*My 1st cold water shave and it was so refreshing *

1. PAA Ice pre shave lather booster.
2. Godrej Menthol, 1st use and I was impressed with all the menthol.
3. semogue 1520 boar w/shave nation bowl.
4. Lady Gillette with sharp star (2)
5. Alum block / Floid Vigeroso / PAA frost byte balm.

Awesome video. [emoji12][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schick Type M Injector
Schick blade
Maggards 22mm black synthetic brush
Proraso Blue shaving cream
Family Dollar Spice aftershave

6/25/17
Proraso Green Tea & Oatmeal Pre Shave Cream
Le Pere Lucien
H.L. Thater 4376/3 Silver Tip
11/16 Chaussis Torpedo #270
Tony Miler 3" Heirloom steer hide Strop
Omega Alum Stick
Nivea Post Shave Cream
Davidoff Cool Water
SOTD6-25-17.jpg

SUNDAY SOTD ::::: June 25, 2017

Pre-shave Oil: Maggard Razors Lime
Cream: Old Spice Fresh Lime
Brush: Vulfix 404 Grosvenor mixed boar & badger 21mm/53mm
Razor: Mühle R41 OC
Blade: Treet Platinum (8)
Post Shave: Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel
After Shave: Old Spice Fresh Lime
After Shave Balm: RazoRock Essential Oil of Lime

PSX_20170625_212516.jpg

6/24/17
Art of Shaving Unscented Pre Shave Oil
Chiseled Face "Midnight Stag"
Simpson Duke #2 in Best Badger
5/8 Boker "Warrior"
Tony Miller 3" Heirloom Steerhide Strop
Omega Alum Stick
Aqua Velva Musk
Art of Shaving Sandalwood Balm
Banana Republic "Cordovan"
View attachment 799116

Everything about this pic proclaims manliness: the straight's look and name, the Midnight Stag soap, the Duke brush, the scents of musk, sandalwood and cordovan. Well done, Erich.

Schick Sunday
Schick Hydromagic / Chick 1
Panna Crema San Francesco
Comet Superfine Badger 28mm
Nivea Cool Kick ASB
Pinaud Clubman
Sandalwood yesterday, sandalwood today and sandalwood tomorrow. This morning I shaved while talking wit TWGW. She sat on the commode while I shaved and the shaving time was very enjoyable. Panna Crema San Francesco makes great lather and the Comet brush holds a lot. The Hydromagic with a new blade moved down the whiskers and the Nivea Cool Kick ASB and the Pinaud Clubman left me feeling and smelling great. Have a blessed day gentlemen.
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Tallow + Steel "Morocco"
DrivenLegend Red & Black | APShaveCo Tuxedo 30mm
Ever-Ready 1912 | Delta Echo | Gem PTFE (1)

proxy.php

Tallow + Steel's "Morocco" soap imparts an extremely smoky fragrance courtesy of the abundance of cade. I happen to be a fan of smoky fragrances, particularly those of the cade variety. For those that don't know, cade can ride the line between resinous and caustic. Morocco does just that. I did detect some cedar, but that's about it. The only soap I have that's smokier is Stirling's "Texas on Fire". Some may compare this with Barrister and Mann's "Roam", but only in the likelihood of the stigma accompanying it. Every soap maker should have their Roam. Everyone needs to have that one product that compels some users to erect shrines while other's call for the artisan's head…that one product who's name is invoked by random hacks without provocation and years after its discontinuance. Frankly, "Roam" is much more artfully done than "Morocco" at least from the soap's fragrance. However, the splash is a different story. The cade does make an everlasting presence, but it leaves room for the depth provided by the cedar and other nondescript woody notes. A brief effervescence is noted that's closer to crushed pine needles than it is to the turpentine note of cade. The drydown remains smoky, but much more approachable. The cedar becomes more prominent and singular before fading after about 4 hours. Despite the documented notes, I never once detected rose, Moroccan or otherwise.

As to performance, I stand by my previous impressions, and I feel Tallow + Steel's new base can stand up against just about all of my favorite artisans' soaps. The exception possibly being Barrister's Reserve, but I need to use both of these bases more before I can say that definitively. The race is close, regardless.

Spectacular Red Shave presentation, Matt! That razor and brush combo are superb. Your assessment is concise, well done and quite noteworthy. I always look forward to your thoughtful evaluations.

Happy Saturday, all! Decided to spoil myself...
Hot Shower
Jack Black Energizing Face Buff
Geo. F Trumpers Skin Food
1914 Bulldog
Feather Stainless
Wolf Whiskers Custom
The Holy Black's Decadence
Alum
Thayer's Witch Hazel
THB Decadence A/S
proxy.php

Beautiful photo, Christopher. Love that backdrop.

Sunday Planned SOTD

proxy.php

Razor: Dubl Duck Goldedge 5/8 Full Hollow
Brush: WildWestBrushworks 24mm Zenith Silvertip
Scuttle: TDG Style 10 5½” Walnut/Cherry
Pre-Shave Scrub: Lisa's Sunny Citrus
Pre-Shave Oil: Homemade Lemon Lime Chill
Shave Soap: Grooming Dept Kölnisch
Aftershave: Pereja Limon Cicegi Kolonyasi

Both brush and razor are spectacular, Guy. How was the Kolnisch soap? I haven't heard too much about Grooming Dept but what I've read has been good.

Late Saturday posting.
This night shift is making it hard to post in a timely manner.
Have a blessed day gentlemen.

Simplex 7 / 7 O'Clock Yellow
TOBS Sandalwood
Vie-Long Horse hair
Nivea Cool Kick ASB
English Leather AS
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Neat treatment!

SOTD:25th June 2017.
View attachment 799241

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cussons Imperial Leather: Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits~Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Erasmic Bristle.

Bowl Lather.

Soap:Chinese Cologne Soap.

Blade: Voskhod. (2)

Razor: Pearl SBF-11.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture/Barbon~ Menthol A/S.

Groomed~ Post Shave Balm.

Greetings,

My Pearl SBF-11/Voskhod paired up really well..resulting in a very smooth 3 pass +pick ups shave with no errors to report.

First time use of the Chinese cologne soap, the verdict?..apart from the abnormal green and purple carbuncle starting to appear on my upper lip after the shave, it's fine...Only joking.:001_tt2:

The soap's performance was on equal par with Blue's goat milk soap..."Another excellent value shaving soap from china"....Both create a wonderful slick protective lather in no time ,leaving a nice mellow post shave feeling to my face.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Barbon~ Menthol A/S.

My face is feeling very cool & super smooth.;)

Enjoy your sunday, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Another evocative shave pic, Barry. I ordered a tin of Blue's a couple of weeks ago but haven't received it yet.

Both brush and razor are spectacular, Guy. How was the Kolnisch soap? I haven't heard too much about Grooming Dept but what I've read has been good.
Kölnisch has oak mass, Patchouli and Petitgrain which gives it a darker, citrus woodsy aroma. My Grandfather had a couple of lemon, lime, grapefruit trees in his backyard and the aroma of this soaps reminds me of the leaf aroma off these trees when I use to rub them to get the oils off the leaves. I really like this soap, easy to lather though a thirsty one, slick lather and excellent post shave feel. Top five for sure in my Den and I have tried more than my share of soaps.

Sunday's Shave

Genco Easy Aces 11/16
Saponificio Varesino Artisan 2.0 faux Ivory / HMB
Saponficio Varesino Tundra Artica Shave Soap
Saponificio Varesino Tunda Artica Aftersahve

proxy.php

Have a Blessed Sunday my friends

Great shave and scene to counter the weather, Dave.

Kölnisch has oak mass, Patchouli and Petitgrain which gives it a darker, citrus woodsy aroma. My Grandfather had a couple of lemon, lime, grapefruit trees in his backyard and the aroma of this soaps reminds me of the leaf aroma off these trees when I use to rub them to get the oils off the leaves. I really like this soap, easy to lather though a thirsty one, slick lather and excellent post shave feel. Top five for sure in my Den and I have tried more than my share of soaps.

Thanks. That's a fine recommendation.

Saturday, June 24th SOTD
Date Night Shave
Prep - Hot Shower
Soap - Suds and Sparkles "Werewolf"
Brush - Whipped Tuxedo (WD handle and Maggard tux 24mm synth knot)
Razor - Gillette NEW Type
Blade - Gillette Wilkinson Sword (Shanghai)
Post Shave - Alum Block
Aftershave - Pinaud Clubman
Absolutely the finest shave I have had thus far. BBS the face, and no cuts.
Suds and Sparkles out of Minnesota rocks....and the Gillette Wilki was mind-blowingly good.

Stately B&W pic, Aaron. So that was a pretty good soap, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom