Herbs galore, with some leaf lettuce and Bok Choy sneaking in
upload_2017-6-24_13-17-31.png

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
View from the parking lot....
upload_2017-6-24_13-18-6.png

Newly installed shed(I didn't build it)
upload_2017-6-24_13-18-42.png

Having to stay 24" from the property line, a pie-shaped lot makes for some interesting decisions....
upload_2017-6-24_13-19-12.png

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Our Leaf Lettuce as the salad foundation for lunch today (sadly, not our tomatoes yet), as well as some Bok Choy for supper!
upload_2017-6-24_13-20-14.png

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Nice garden Sam. I'm getting hungry like in anticipation.

I just put some lettuce in where a few tomatoes failed. I should have taken a picture of my garlic which seems to be doing very well . . . need another month of growing.

Between fall and spring I've put a lot of effort into our back yard. It is paying off. My tiny garden has zucchini on the left and basil on the right and tomatoes in the middle. Cukes and peppers on the balcony outside the bedroom I'm using as an office.

view from up.jpg
Peppers and cukes.jpg

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
The previous garden pics were from 10 days ago. Here's what loads of rain and sunshine on mostly alternating days can do in a week and a half...

Bok Choy
upload_2017-6-24_19-47-27.png

Romaine lettuce
upload_2017-6-24_19-47-48.png

Beets and carrots (still a long way to go)
upload_2017-6-24_19-48-20.png

Eggplant an cucumber.
Only two of the Zuchinni came up so I moved around a bunch of cuke plants.
upload_2017-6-24_19-48-34.png

Leaf Lettuce... melts in your mouth, so tender
upload_2017-6-24_19-50-36.png

Tomatoes are coming in nicely
upload_2017-6-24_19-50-57.png

Herbs, basil is about 18" tall
upload_2017-6-24_19-51-20.png

What a difference a week of cooperative weather makes! Your beds are exploding Rockviper, basils set to to start making pesto.

Mike the lawn has filled in great, perfect spring for that sort of work.

Our lettuce, mesclun, kale and arugula are ready to start eating and then we've had a number of feeds of rhubarb so far.

On Wednesday planted a second go 'round of the various salad greens, radishes, beets, carrots and filet beans and a fair amount of that is poking out of the soil as of today. Great weather!

dave

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Lots of growth. Garlic looking good for August. Flowers on zucchini, cucumber, and several tomato plants.
Garden.jpg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Many uses! I hook it up to the lawn tractor and tow rocks from the front flower beds to the fire pit in back.

Watermelon radishes have been pretty hit and miss in previous years, this is the first from this year, hope it's a sign of things to come.

file2.jpeg
file5.jpeg

The rest of the garden is looking pretty good, a far cry from last year, amazing the difference rain can make!

dave

Thanks Aaron!
The plant looks identical to all the others we grow, the radish itself is white with greenish shoulders where it sits above the soil, again the same as your typical white radish, it's when you cut through that it reveals itself. Very, very cool looking, crunchy, tasty without much heat but that may be a reflection of the season here so far, great deal of rain and few scorching days so far...

We're also growing French Breakfast and a mix of colours pack and until you move back the foliage you wouldn't know that any of them were any different.

Here's the radish before i cut into it. (The photo should be turned counterclockwise 90 degrees).
IMG_7742.JPG

dave

Top Bottom