What's new

CLOSED - Hanging Strop PIF - Winner Decided

Time extended until July 5, 2017 at 6:00 PM Central Time.

PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE POST...AND ALL THE RULES!

I don't see many of these...but I want to give away a Hanging Strop. There is a little history behind it...well not much history...but a story. I have a friend that does a lot of leather working. He primarily makes carry belts for law enforcement, dress belts, and holsters. Anyway...I was visiting and having a beer, when I asked my friend if he had ever made a strop. We looked at me and said, "nope...but follow me." We went to his work area and he began to pull out some leather and hardware. Next thing I know...he has four hanging strops made! He kept one for himself and gave the other three to me for a pretty good price.

With that...I am keeping one myself (I don't dare use it yet...I am practicing on a cheap strop...I am yet new to straight razors), another is going into the St. Sue Auction, and the other...well I want to give it to you.

Since the latest episode of B&B radio is about taking great pictures for your SOTD or razors or such...I think it is appropriate that we do a photo competition. This is how it is going to work...

• Post a picture of your SOTD, Strop, Straight, or whatever you want to showcase...there just has to be a straight razor in the photo.
  • Only one photo per entrant.
  • I will choose 10 photos of my liking.
  • All pics chosen will be from B&B members in good standing with Contributor Badges (any level - Brown Leaf badges do not count). As long as you have a Contributor Badge before the deadline...you will be good.
  • Any entries by members without a Contributor Badge will be disqualified.
  • This Competition will close Monday, July 5, 2017 at 6:00 PM Central Time. This gives you almost a month to get in a good pic.
  • Once I select the 10 pics of my liking...I will enlist my fellow Stewards and Moderators to debate on which pic is the best. We will deliberate and a winner will be announced sometime on or before Saturday, July 8, 2017.
  • This PIF open to anyone. International winners will need to pay for shipping. I will pay the first $10 of shipping.
And I suppose you all want to see and know more about the prize:

Comp Strop.jpg
Comp Strop 2.jpg

I know these are not the best pics, so if anyone wants anything better let me know. The strop is three inches wide and overall length is 30 inches (top of hardware to end of handle). The leather is 1/8th inch steer leather and the backside is hemp canvas.

I am looking forward to the pics you all can create. So...pull out your cameras, Androids, and iPhones. Photoshop to your hearts content. Saturate with color...or contrast with Black and White. Add your favorite background or go au naturel. In other words...Let the Games Begin!

Last edited:
Thanks Till...that's a great pic and I love that razor.
Thanks Don, was a shame to sell it but not big into straights anymore. My favourite straight is this one which my girlfriends grandfather gifted me. Had it fixed up by Doc, and it is now in tip top shape. Need to find a new strop so I can use it again.
IMG_1013.JPG

I'm in.
I use a board strop. I'd love to add a strap strop to the mix. Thanks for offering a great PIF.

DSC_3118 - Klas Tornblom.jpg

Top Bottom