What's new

What is it with these tobacco sellers?

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
That's too bad. Looks like another vendor to add to the BL Rogues Gallery.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
On the phone with these Bozos for a 1/2 an hour I will never get back.

TC - Well this promotion was "while supplies last".

Me - It says nothing of limited supplies or anything of the sort on the web site. IT IS STILL THERE!

.......after holding for a long while.....
TC - well..Arturo Fuente's truck got stolen so the cigars are missing.

Me - so you had no supplies to last. LOL you still have this offer up on your site. I have copies of screen shots in case you take it down. This is "bait & switch", false advertising and theft by deception. I will include all the details in my letter to the Florida Attorney General. BTW I will also be disputing the payments on the CC.

.....more holding........
TC - We will call you back this evening and tell you how we can make this right.

Me - I look forward to the call.
This is why consumer protection laws need strengthened (of course lots of lobbying money is trying to reverse the weak protections we have). Left to their own devices, big business will rip you off every time.

Whoa, that's even more of a nightmare than the P&C stuff. At least they were pretty solid over all, and in theory will be again at some point soon.. ish.

I laughed quite hard at the stolen truck bit. I am sorry to hear about this situation though, insane what some retailers try to get away with.

There's an awesome cigar store with a walk-in humidor in the French quarter. Maybe find it and pick something up while you're there.

There's an awesome cigar store with a walk-in humidor in the French quarter. Maybe find it and pick something up while you're there.

I found several nice cigar stores downtown, but the prices are unreal. I guess tourists are willing to pay a big premium. Surprised that there were cigars all over the place, but no pipes or tobacco. At least in the areas we visited.

I found several nice cigar stores downtown, but the prices are unreal. I guess tourists are willing to pay a big premium. Surprised that there were cigars all over the place, but no pipes or tobacco. At least in the areas we visited.
You should have just gone to St. James Parish and demanded perique from all of the farmers.

No offense, intended, here, but "friends don't let friends buy from Thompson." They are infamous for this bait-and-switch routine, and they've been in business a heck of a long time, too.

Cigar Factory of New Orleans, on Decatur St. makes some really nice cigars. My favorite, if I'm down in the City, is Don Leoncio on Canal Street, it is the original store that Abe Flores opened when he started making his PDR cigar brand. He's become one of the brightest lights in the last 8 to 10 years, now. His PDR 1887 line is wonderful.

It's too expensive to park down there, any more, though. so I don't go. La Habana Hemmingway is also a great shop, but he's expensive, too.

No offense, intended, here, but "friends don't let friends buy from Thompson." They are infamous for this bait-and-switch routine, ......

No offense taken and lesson learned. Fool me once its their fault, fool me twice its mine.

.......after holding for a long while.....
TC - well..Arturo Fuente's truck got stolen so the cigars are missing.

Sorry to hear of your frustration, the part about the Arturo Fuente robbery is true, but a lame excuse. Halfwheel has an article about the 40' shipping container of hundreds of thousands of AF cigars that was stolen in early April.

Sorry to hear of your frustration, the part about the Arturo Fuente robbery is true, but a lame excuse. Halfwheel has an article about the 40' shipping container of hundreds of thousands of AF cigars that was stolen in early April.

I knew it was true about the missing container when this all went down, but there is a lot more to the story. Thompson Cigars are dishonest hustlers. JMHO.

Top Bottom