What's new

3-Piece Aristocrat vs. Old Type

There's an Old Type in an ivory case at a store near me. How can I tell if it's a 3-Piece Aristocrat vs. ("just") a contemporaneous, miscased Old Type?

From Mr-Razor's site, I'm thinking the diamond logo under the baseplate vs. Made in U.S.A. Is that enough?

proxy.php

Also, I am going back in ~3 hours, so hopefully I can figure out the sure signs by then. Ha!

Only this french ivory case with a "normal" Single Ring and these french ivory blade cases makes that set to a Old Type Aristocrat set

All the Old Types from 1908 on had the Gillette diamond logo. "Aristocrat" was just a packaging moniker to denote a special case and blade bank. It was the same razor sold without the package.

Only this french ivory case with a "normal" Single Ring and these french ivory blade cases makes that set to a Old Type Aristocrat set

All the Old Types from 1908 on had the Gillette diamond logo. "Aristocrat" was just a packaging moniker to denote a special case and blade bank. It was the same razor sold without the package.

Thank you both. He's asking $200 for the set, but I don't think the case is worth that much... is it? Ha!

R

romsitsa

Depends. If you look for a razor, it's a thin cap Old type in a fancy case. If you collect, it's an Aristocrat set.

Adam

Top Bottom