What's new

Burning sensation from soap

Pay attention to ingredients, and learn what jives with your skin, and what doesn't.

Stirling's Sandalwood gives me burning. Not many others will do that. I get irritation, and/or dryness from some things, though. Citrus oils, in particular, don't get along with my face.

I was getting burn and redness from Williams about three days in a row but I believe it was not the soap but the brush I used too heavy handedly. If it continues, reduce the variables and see what happens.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Do some simple skin tests if you think it is a soap/cream/ingredient problem. Apply a lather to your face but don't shave -- use your hand which will eliminate the brush. Leave it on for a couple minutes and wash it off. Try some on the inside of your arm. Put some on your forehead.

If you're not burning up then take a look at your technique.

Glyce Soap will give me a tingling/prickling sensation. Cella will do the same from time to time, but it is so mild that I continue to use it simply because I love the smell - as many have already said, test to see if it's the soap you're using

Never was sure of the cause from ingredients, but shannons soap amaretto scent has been the only soap that tingled and burned. Tried it three times and left me skin flaky and dry for a couple days. Really a shame because I was excited to try it.

I got also trouble with PC PURE2O Vetiver soap. It tingles between my nose and upper lip, nowhere else on my face. And when Im rinsing the soap off tingle vanishes almost immediately. Over the 23 years I have used lot of shaving soaps and creams, but problem appears with this soap only. The reasons I dont know, but otherwise is very good shaving soap.

Almond and Cinnamon does it to me......it sucks, because I love the Almond smell. It feels as if I've been pepper sprayed on my face.

As others have stated, cinnamon seems to get me. I've had 3 soaps with cinnamon, and all 3 have given me the burning feeling.

I try and stay away from soaps using ghost pepper. I end up screaming Everytime I get a cut.

Sent from my S8+ using Tapatalk

^Sounds most likely to me.

+2

It mainly seems to happen if I don't get a good lather produced.

If it mainly happens when you don't get a good lather, then it likely is a case of razor burn. I'm guessing there is no reaction when you do get a good lather. If you're suffering from bumps, give your skin a break for a few days and then try using another product that is likely to give you the best possible lather. Once your skin has recovered, try lathering your "trouble-soap" again. Not sure what soap you're using, but certain soaps can be finicky. A few attempts and experimenting with the water-to-product ratio might be needed until you find its sweet spot.

For me it was a Through the Fire soap, aptly named "Ignite". It lit me up. Too bad, I really would love to be able to use it because it smells wonderful.

I recently experienced burning from a soap due to the fragrance oil I used to make it. The burning set in before even touching my face with a razor. My face looked sun burned after rinsing of the lather.
I'm glad I only made one soap instead of a bunch!

Yeah, I have one soap that I get a burning sensation from. I got the matching artisan soap and aftershave last summer, and was excited to take my new products on vacation (it seemed like a good vacation scent). For some reason, after the soap has been on my face for a few seconds, I get a burning sensation that starts to get very uncomfortable. Once I wash the soap off, the sensation goes away after a few moments. I have a lot of soaps (a LOT of soaps), and it's just this one that I've ever experienced this issue with.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Catie's Bubbles LPV is a wonderfully scented performer...but did not agree with my skin. Lots of burn. Now, I'm only using tallow soaps and some creams.

Top Bottom