What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

These are my first time Straight Razor acquisitions. Any advice/info would be appreciated. For example, are they worthy of getting honed, so I can attempt using them? Thanks.

dubl duck special no 1/Bresduck Solingen-Germany
SSA Eskiltuna-Sweden
Tuscora/The Baltzy Co. Massillon O. M.I. Germany
Red-Point Made in Germany 917?/Anton Wingen Jr. Solingen-Germany
View attachment 791536 View attachment 791538 View attachment 791539 View attachment 791540 View attachment 791542 View attachment 791543 View attachment 791544 View attachment 791545
Clean, hone em and use em ☺

I am the proud new owner of this masterpiece. @Seraphim you did incredible work!

Modified Gold Dollar

proxy.php

Picked these 3 up from a pickers market Mother Day weekend got all 3 for $25 .
Koken Success
Wade & Butcher
E.C. Simmons
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Interesting one for my collection....a T. Read and Co. From Dublin...not to many razors around from there as this is only the second razor i own and have come accross. Its in very good shape and a cleaning will make the blade shiny again....the scales im not sure as they have seen some abuse, not broken though mind you.
20170529_135138.jpg

Spent the long weekend at Old Orchard Beach in Maine. Lots of yard sales... Only one with razors...

I left 6 Boker Trees behind. They were totally played out. Not damaged! Just totally played out. No rust. Just honed to oblivion. Even the scales had been replaced with rough pine scales. Here's the one I took home. It was well used too but not used at all when compared to the Boker Trees.

For $5 I brought home a Marples $ Co. Bee Hive. It's a very healthy 5/8s. No rust to be found!

Bee Hive Front-As Found.jpg Bee Hive Front-As Found.jpg

Here's what it looks like after a bit of Crest Toothpaste and No. 9 Rubbing Compound.

Bee Hive Front-Initial Cleaning.jpg

Bee Hive Back-Initial Cleaning.jpg

Attachments

• Bee Hive Back-As Found.jpg
    Bee Hive Back-As Found.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 10
Interesting one for my collection....a T. Read and Co. From Dublin...not to many razors around from there as this is only the second razor i own and have come accross. Its in very good shape and a cleaning will make the blade shiny again....the scales im not sure as they have seen some abuse, not broken though mind you. View attachment 792646
Very nice! The first Irish razor I've seen. I'll add another to my wish list!

Thanks! Yes there are a few around and makes me wonder if there are more razors from other countries out there that we dont know or see.

My far better half let me get another razor for my birthday. (As long as I picked it out!)

It just arrived from Japan. A new, old stock Toyo, still has the sealed-cellophaned certificate, and the original box. Never honed! The scales are pristine.

I'm doing the dishes tonight! ...and tomorrow night too!

Scheon Burg - Front.jpg

Scheon Burg - Back.jpg

Top Bottom