What's new

Chatillon Lux

This is topical for me since I just discovered the line after seeing the L&L TSM Fougere collaboration soap when L&L was mentioned in the big soap pass around thread. I immediately started looking into it and was directed to the CL Web site from L&L. And I am very tempted to contact them to buy some samples.

This is precisely the direction I was hoping(and rather sure of) these small batch makers would go when the artisan soap explosion started a few years ago. It would and is getting beyond shave soaps per se. We are starting to get truly custom made toiletries by small batch makers. They are really only known to the hard core forum types and it is always a neat thing to be one of the 'in' people for cool stuff like this. I certainly need to contact Chatillon Lux soon.

Man, I'm enjoying this stuff. Yesterday I bought two more bottles, the Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli and the Colonia Balsamica. I'm hoping the latter, a summer aftershave, will be a bit less "moisturizing" than the others. At first I thought the 2-oz bottles and their 3.3-oz pricing made them too expensive, but "a little dab 'll do ya" holds true with this stuff. Keep up the great work, CL!

M

Member 113878

Man, I'm enjoying this stuff. Yesterday I bought two more bottles, the Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli and the Colonia Balsamica. I'm hoping the latter, a summer aftershave, will be a bit less "moisturizing" than the others. At first I thought the 2-oz bottles and their 3.3-oz pricing made them too expensive, but "a little dab 'll do ya" holds true with this stuff. Keep up the great work, CL!
Bought these two recently and don't like them. (the scents)
I was wearing the latter today, and it's too moisturizing for summer use methinks.
I have Champs de lavande and love it though.

Bought these two recently and don't like them. (the scents)
I was wearing the latter today, and it's too moisturizing for summer use methinks.
I have Champs de lavande and love it though.

I agree about the moisturizing effect. I suspect (but don't know) that the ingredients formula is identical among all the aftershaves regarding the moisturizing, so I'm not surprised by your perception of the Colonia Balsamica, which I plan to use for the first time tomorrow. When we get a hot day again sometime here in Seattle, I'll pull out the Champs de Lavande to see if it's a bit more brisk than the others.

Just ordered Unconditional Surrender, I've had an itch for a while in regards to
Chatillon Lux. Living in the deep South during the long hot,humid summer is akin to
living in a tropical jungle and with my oily face I hope that this AS isn't too moisturizing.

Just ordered Unconditional Surrender, I've had an itch for a while in regards to
Chatillon Lux. Living in the deep South during the long hot,humid summer is akin to
living in a tropical jungle and with my oily face I hope that this AS isn't too moisturizing.
Well I just tried my Unconditional Surrender; I'm neutral on the scent, it has some nice face ingredients
but I think it might be a little much for the heat and humidity here in Coastal Mississippi. And it's not even
hot yet.

Well I just tried my Unconditional Surrender; I'm neutral on the scent, it has some nice face ingredients
but I think it might be a little much for the heat and humidity here in Coastal Mississippi. And it's not even
hot yet.

I live in Seattle, so we're still in early spring... I suspect I will enjoy my six Chatillon Lux aftershaves most of the year, as the "little much" problem is less apparent when the temperature is 60 degrees or less. Shawn at CL suggests mixing the AS with a bit of water to lessen the moisturizing effect. In my experience, it works. I don't do it yet on a regular basis, but I might start when we get hot weather in July.

Has anyone tried the Summertime Chill aftershaves from CL? I bought them both, and find them to be less moisturizing and more like a traditional alcohol splash than their other aftershave offerings. The menthol is strong and refreshing as summer is finally arriving. I've grown to appreciate the moisturizing properties of their regular aftershaves, which I'll use about ten months out of the year. The Summertime Chills will be welcome during the other two.

Been using the Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli for the last cpl weeks and am very impressed.

Feels good on skin and the scent is really nice Even the wife likes it.

I used the Colbeck Summertime Chill this morning, as I knew it would be a hot day outside. Great stuff. Lotsa menthol, great scent, and a toned-down moisturizing effect. The CL family of aftershaves is very well done.

Another cool, rainy day here when I shaved this morning. I used my favorite Chatillon Lux, Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli, as my aftershave. Sitting here, 14 hours later, I can still smell it, one of my favorite aftershave splashes. If anyone wants to try a CL aftershave, this is the one I recommend. Amazing stuff.

I've tried several of Chatillon Lux products and they are all really good. It's their 2nd year anniversary so they are doing a limited release of Bon Vivant (whiskey cocktail), Catalan's Prairie (floral) and Rose Santal. He's also offering free shipping on the day of release so it would be a good time to try them out.

I've got a couple of the salves, Champs de Lavande and Gratiot League Square, which I like but I think I want to save for the colder months and try the toner for the rest of the year. Catalan's Prairie sounds interesting, so I'll give that a try and may give Vide Poche a whirl, though I'm tempted to grab a bottle of GLS because I love the smell so much.

I've got a couple of the salves, Champs de Lavande and Gratiot League Square, which I like but I think I want to save for the colder months and try the toner for the rest of the year. Catalan's Prairie sounds interesting, so I'll give that a try and may give Vide Poche a whirl, though I'm tempted to grab a bottle of GLS because I love the smell so much.
In case you didn't know Catalan's Prairie limited edition soap will be released tomorrow from L&L Grooming's site at 11:00 AM EDT and the matching aftershave will be released at Chatillon Lux's site. Both will have free shipping.

Also, how do you like Champs de Lavande? I was thinking about getting it to pair with MdC Original.

In case you didn't know Catalan's Prairie limited edition soap will be released tomorrow from L&L Grooming's site at 11:00 AM EDT and the matching aftershave will be released at Chatillon Lux's site. Both will have free shipping.

Also, how do you like Champs de Lavande? I was thinking about getting it to pair with MdC Original.
I knew it was releasing tomorrow, but didn't know what time, so thanks!

I like the CdL quite a bit. It's not as complex as GLS, but if you like the smell of lavender I think you will appreciate it. I like it as a spring/summer scent and GLS for fall/winter.

Chatillon Lux released its Rose Santal aftershave this morning. I see on its website that the aftershave has already sold out...

I made sure to grab an aftershave and salve as soon as it released because it sounded like the best of the three releases. There are 38 soaps left at L&L grooming and at least the Rose Santal EdT is a permanent offering.

Top Bottom