What's new

Opinions on wearing two fragrance's at the same time.

Total noob question and it probably sounds strange to you grizzled fragrance veterans but here it goes.
Well, a small backstory to start. I bought a lot of samples. I have worn all of them on their own and I have many that I like. Too many to buy full bottles just because of the price.
I have narrowed it down to around 10 samples that I will buy 5 bottles to keep.

The last few days I have been putting two sprays of two different edt"s on the inside of each elbow and sniffing them during the day to find a favorite.

Today I wore Creed Bois du Portugal on the left and Dior Eau Savauge on the other.
What a wonderful combo it created (at least to my nose.) I don't know, maybe it was totally disgusting to other people, that's really why I'm asking.
Yesterday I wore English Leather cologne on one arm and Knize Ten on the other. Just wonderful. I also tried Captions Choice Sandalwood AS and TF Tobacco and Vanille. Heavenly!
Does anyone ever do this regularly?

I don't think that there are any fixed rules in this game. Personally I don't blend two frags because I like to enjoy the development of the one I'm wearing.

I blend aftershave all the time, so I don't see any difference in doing the same with cologne so long as I can't smell from the next state over.

It's not layering because it is different scents on opposite arms. I put different scents on opposite arms to try out scents.

I am not a fan of layering, but some folks are.

You know, there are times when I wish that I were not limited to one fragrance per day, so that would be one way to get around that! :001_tongu

I don't layer scents on top of each so much. But I will sometimes take two complimentary scents, one the the base of the throat, the other to the wrists, just to experiment. It is still a layering of sorts, as your are blending your sillage. There are lots of opinions about this, and few hard rules. Wear it how you like it. Others will let you know their opinions.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sometimes I'll use Brut Splash On post shave, and then I'll use Brut Original Aftershave just before I go out - usually around 30 minutes later

I've got several blended aftershaves and I've mixed Faberge Woodhue with the Vermont Country Store Woodhue, just to make it last.

I wear something every single day. There's no reason to take a day off from smelling good.
I'll blend or layer fragrances about 1/4-1/2 of the time.

As an afterthought, as well as "layering" Brut Splash On with Brut Original Aftershave, theoretically these combos should also work too.....

Pino Silvestre Aftershave (soothing) / Puig Agua Brava (scent)

Honeybee Gardens Bay Rum (soothing) / Suavecito Bay Rum (scent)

Frankly I am not a big fan of layering fragrances. I come at it from perhaps a different perspective. A perfumer might take a year or more and maybe after trying 500 (an example) different formulas to finally come up with a fragrance that's number one up to their standards for said fragrance. Secondly a fragrance that could be successfully marketed to the general public. Now why would I take a perfumers effort and spray another perfumers effort on top of his/her creation? If you happen to be a fan of layering, then layer away and I hope you enjoy that combination, as for me I will pass. Just a view from the cheap seats.

Frankly I am not a big fan of layering fragrances. I come at it from perhaps a different perspective. A perfumer might take a year or more and maybe after trying 500 (an example) different formulas to finally come up with a fragrance that's number one up to their standards for said fragrance. Secondly a fragrance that could be successfully marketed to the general public. Now why would I take a perfumers effort and spray another perfumers effort on top of his/her creation? If you happen to be a fan of layering, then layer away and I hope you enjoy that combination, as for me I will pass. Just a view from the cheap seats.
Scents on skin are different from person to person.

Top Bottom