What's new

Schick G type vs pal injectomatic

I'm looking for an injector a little more agreessive than my schick type l and I have found an ever sharp schick injector G type and a pal injectomatic. Thoughts?
proxy.php

Last edited:
If you don't get them both, buy the PAL. You can always find another G later, but PAL Injecto-matics are less common.

--Bob

I have both a Schick Type G and a Pal Injecto-matic.

I have a coarse beard and I find the Type G is medium aggression. I also find the Pal Injecto-matic shaves slightly milder than a Type G. It shaves similar to a Schick Type L.

I personally prefer the Type E, the Type E with the spring that does not swivel. The Type E's may be too aggressive for your desire, especially the Type E that has the spring that swivels open for cleaning the head.

However, the Type E's can be tamed by lowering the angle of the handle slightly and shaving with a steeper handle angle. Also you can use a preshave product to reduce the harshness of the Type E.

For now, I would recommend a Schick Type G for yourself. They are common and inexpensive.

I've never tried a PAL, but if I saw one reasonably priced in the wild I would pick it up. Gs are nice certainly worth picking up the price is right and you don't have one. Like others have said, you should also be on the lookout for an E, they're the best of them. :thumbsup:

I grabbed the injectomatic, turns out it was NOS. Gave it a go last night, not dissapointed.Thanks for everyone's opinions.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Shaved with my newly acquired Pal Injecto-matic. I thought it would lead to better shave (meaning nick free) than I've been getting with the Pal adjustable, but it wasn't too be so. Three tiny weepers on my chin, the area of contention for all my single-edge injectors--though I thought I had it under control after my 20-shave run with a Schick Type L injector.

I think I will have to do the same thing with the Injecto-matic...use it for 20 shaves and hone my technique.

Fine tuning your technique may be the answer.

Try lowering the angle of the handle slightly, on both the Pal Injecto-matic and the Adjustable, but especially on the Pal Adjustable. The Pal Adjustable was very hostile to my face, until I lowered the handle. The reason is the angle of the face of the head and the angle of the blade is different, if you look closely.

I'm surprised you get cuts and nicks with any adjustable, because obviously the adjustable razor can be tuned down to whatever mildness works for you.

If you are accustomed to using a Schick Type L the Injecto-Matic is going to feel pretty aggressive at first. I find it to be more or less comparable to a Schick Type E in terms of aggressiveness.

--Bob

Try lowering the angle of the handle slightly, on both the Pal Injecto-matic and the Adjustable, but especially on the Pal Adjustable.

You were correct. A steeper angle, or lowered handle, made the difference for my last shave with the adjustable. Seems counter intuitive to the way I normally shave with injectors, I will just have to get used to it. Thanks.

Top Bottom