What's new

New to the Den

Good Day Gent's

Took a few months but finally received my 7/8's Custom Koraat from Urlik at Koraat thru Martin at Rasurpur, have not shaved with it yet but the HHT is a solid 4/5

It's not any specific stamped out mass produced razor, pretty simple design with lower jimping, worked spine, somewhat of a Spanish point in 7/8's size with Grenadilla Burl scales.

IMG_6413.jpg
IMG_6414.jpg
IMG_6416.jpg
IMG_6420.jpg

I love my koraat. I actually shaved with it like a Kami, since I haven't had time to produce the scales. Ulrik does great work.

Urlik is doing something diffent with his razors now, he has the blade stop on the shoulder rather than resting/stopping on the spine and i had to ask as I thought there was an issue, he advised that this was a design change he made and said doing it this way would keep the blade from staining in the hollow and towards the spine since they never touch the scales and said if i did not care for it even down the road he would change it for free i just have to cover shipping but after opening/closing it several times i don't even niotice it now.

I cheated some today, the Koraat was not up next in my normal rotation but I could no resist, great shave and excellent razor, going to be one of my favorites !!

IMG_6427.jpg

Livi uses the shoulder to stop his razors in the scales. His shoulders don't look nearly as nice as your razor, imo.

Livi uses the shoulder to stop his razors in the scales. His shoulders don't look nearly as nice as your razor, imo.

Really ? i have only seen and used one Mastro Livi, i think it was a Grifetto and just did not care for it, the shave was good but not overly eye appealing.

Top Bottom