What's new

2016/17 English Premier League/ Champion's League season

I don't know who is impressing me more right now, Dele Alli or Romelu Lukaku. Eriksen is the engine that makes Spurs go, but Alli just comes up with these sparkling feats of skill that blow the mind. His goal in the first half on Saturday was something special. Then you have Lukaku who just dominates. His size, skill and aggressiveness are a truly lethal combination. What I don't understand is how he can just disappear in some games.

I don't know who is impressing me more right now, Dele Alli or Romelu Lukaku. Eriksen is the engine that makes Spurs go, but Alli just comes up with these sparkling feats of skill that blow the mind. His goal in the first half on Saturday was something special. Then you have Lukaku who just dominates. His size, skill and aggressiveness are a truly lethal combination. What I don't understand is how he can just disappear in some games.

Yep not a big match player, I can understand him being selfish that's what helps strikers to score goals but I guess he will mature with time on that. But he has to work on his mindset for big matches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't score 23 goals without having an ability to dominate. This is why Zlatan is such a beast. He doesn't care who he plays. He. Is. Going. To. Score. Kane is almost there. I was watching the Arsenal game yesterday and was feeling bad for Alexis Sanchez. The dude is trying everything to get a goal, and the rest of Arsenal just are not stepping up.

And today I am forced to ask myself whether Chelsea can hold off Spurs. The way Spurs are playing, Chelsea can't even count on a draw to give them a point and more breathing room.

Certainly safer than Forest...:001_tt2:

I know, believe me I know. We are rightfully a laughing stock. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Forest went down next week.

Hopefully our Kuwaiti owners finally manage to sell the club, and the new Greek owners follow Leicester's lead and shrewdly set up a shell company in an empty business park to funnel funds through in order to circumvent football league rules. I have never seen or heard of worse football club owners than what is going on behind the scenes at Forest right now.

Certainly safer than Forest...:001_tt2:

Listen to this crazy fact, the Greeks who are trying to buy Forest also own Olympiacos, which they bought 7 years ago.

Every season they have owned Olympiacos they have won the Greek league, 7 years in a row.

Here comes the crazy, they have also gone through 7 managers in that time! 7 managers, 7 times league champions.

Football is insane sometimes.

Anyway, back to the fight to stay in the top flight, I don't know why but I am hoping Hull stay up. I like the new manager they brought in, Silva (himself parting ways with Olympiacos recently after setting a club record of consecutive wins, and winning the league with 6 games to go), and Michael Dawson is one of my favorite players in the modern age.

Will they stay up? I'm not sure, but it will be interesting.

Well done Forest for staying up - I can imagine how nervous they would have been, but they rose to the occasion very well after a nervy start. Hearing some of the horror stories about Forest's (and Blackburn's) owners makes me realise even more how good our owners are at Leicester.

I would actually like Crystal Palace to go down, but they probably won't. I think Sigurdsson is such a great player and for that reason would marginally prefer Swansea to stay up, but that would be especially hard on Hull given their fantastic run of late, which was halted by some cruel results over the weekend.

Personally, I'd like to see Palace go down as well. Swansea have been a treat to watch these last few weeks. On any big team, Sigurdsson's a star. I think he would potentially be an upgrade over Coutinho for Liverpool....if only for his durability. Both can thread free kicks into the top corner.

Well, we're just about done. Chelsea wins, bye-bye to Sunderland, Boro and Hull. Spurs are set for next year's Champions League, and Liverpool and City are in if they win out. Arsenal must win out and hope for a well-placed loss by either City or Liverpool if they want top 4.

One month out until the 17-18 season, gents. Quiet transfer window so far, but Arsenal finally picks up a world class striker in LaCazzette, and ManU just nabs Lukaku from Everton. Chelsea has been quiet, as have Liverpool, Spurs and Man City, but this coming season is shaping up to be a good one!

City haven't been quite, they did business early... but they do need more players.

United has got a great signing in Lukaku and that too stealing him from Chelsea gives me immense satisfaction :a21:

Top Bottom