What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" April 24th - April 30th, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
REALLY LATE THURSDAY COMMENTS:

@ram57 - Man that Spoiler at 28 shaves is a workhorse! Is the cashmere knot as luxurious a its name indicates?

Thought I could make it to 30 shaves but major dropoff in quality from 27 to 28 so retired the blade. Quite a run and so far have had six Spoiler blades make it to at least 22 quality shaves. First time using the Cashmere knot and yes, it is very luxurious on the face, softest I've come across so far in synthetics.

@Smooth Steve - You marvelous low angle gives a great illusion, Steve. Excellent placement of the R41.

Thanks Ron. I really think the R41 is a great looking razor. It aways provides a great shave. I never swapped handles before - always used what came with the razor. I never thought it would matter that much, but I think the R41 feels different with the Halo handle. I haven't weighted them, and it may be just in my mind, but the Ti does feel lighter then the standard R41 handle. Ti is lighter then steel, so it is very possible. I think I apply a bit of pressure with the Ti and have to get used to it. Not bad, but I believe I do feel a difference. It is funny how something so subtle can make a difference.
Steve

Thought I could make it to 30 shaves but major dropoff in quality from 27 to 28 so retired the blade. Quite a run and so far have had six Spoiler blades make it to at least 22 quality shaves. First time using the Cashmere knot and yes, it is very luxurious on the face, softest I've come across so far in synthetics.

Good to know about the Spoiler. I have one in my Fatboy setting at 9 shaves so far. I'll have to be on the lookout for the Cashmere knot.

Saturday was an excellent day for photos, text descriptions and commentary, gentlemen. Thank you for your contributions. I'll be finishing my comments in the morning. Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend.

proxy.php

Pre-Shave: @khun_diddy Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: Gillette Single Ring from P&C travelling box 4b
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Doug Korn D7V
Lather: Panna Crema Vetiver from P&C travelling box 4b
Post-shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Thank you for your great pictures gentlemen - I hope you all have an enjoyable Sunday :thumbup:

T&S Yuzu Rose Pachuli
M&F 3xL Finest Badger
Cobra Classic
Chatillon Lux Yuzu Rose Pachuli AS
Etro Patchouly Edt

Regards
proxy.php

Enviado desde mi SM-G935F mediante Tapatalk

2017-04-30

Ikea bowl ¤ Vie-long 75 Year Anniversary ¤ 7/8" Korff & Honsberg "Dos Angelitos"
Floris JF Soap ¤ Floris JF Aftershave ¤ Floris JF Eau De Toilette

proxy.php

April 30, 2017
Wolfman Ti WR1 (.74) OC with Hempel Ti
Feather (3)
Shavemac ATG LE D01 2 Band
Mystic Water Raspberry & Lemon
Folsom & Co. Capri

Sunday

Soap: La Toja shaving stick
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic
Razor: Gillette "New" Long Comb
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum
AS: Homebrew
ASB: Trader Joe's Men's Hydrating Face & Body Lotion
Fragrance: Sung Homme EdT

A good shave with the Gillette Black, but not as sharp and smooth as they usually are.

20170430_064854.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom