What's new

The new G1 "Gem" razor from ATT

We just got back from a trade show in Pasadena last night. The event was very helpful and informative. In addition, we introduced our newest razor the "G1". To my knowledge it is the first working three piece machined stainless "Gem" type razor. It will be available as a pre order item on our site in the next couple days. I used it again this morning and got a wonderful shave. Actually one of the best I have ever had. I must add that you must use a "Gem" razor shaving technique. I did a few strokes with an old EverReady just to refresh my SE shaving technique. Then I put it aside a proceeded to shave with an Atlas G1 razor. It was great. Can you tell I am excited about this razor? It offered some design challenges but we worked through them. Below are some photos I made this evening. Please feel free to share with your friends.
You can soon preorder at; abovethetie.com
DSCN6860.JPG
DSCN6867.JPG

Sure looks nice. I'd love to know the difference between this and your other single edge razors. I've heard of the GEM but have no idea why they would be any more or less desirable.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Well, Stan, it's surely a looker. But I have an SE2. What do I need with another SE? Totally different blades, oh the pain. Just one more thing to clutter up my bathroom. Is that an Atlas handle? Will it be available as Kronos or Colossus? Inquiring minds want to know. How much do I have to put aside to get one? Can you tell that I'm just a little excited?

Why ask why? We always need another razor to ponder. LOL.
I use the SE2 on occasion along with my Calypso R1 and my Bronze R1. In this image you see the Atlas G1. It will be available in all of our handles.
The blade is even stiffer than the artisan blades. After twelve hours I an now just starting to feel a hint of stubble. It is very efficient but I had no irritation or weepers.
Also your technique will be different with this razor. It is best with the handle away from the skin.
As to cost it will be a little more than the $185 of our other stainless razors. Also it actually has four pieces even though it functions like a three piece. However the difference will not be substantial.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
4 pieces??!!!! How can I resist?
Let me count the ways. First off, there's...um um um ... And the secondly, there's... And finally, there's....
Ok, you got me.
:a14::a50::a5:

We are excited to offer this razor.
The "Gem" style razor and blade has been ignored for many, many years. I used it again this morning and got very good results. I believe many will try this new razor and experience the "Gem" type shave for the first time. They may wonder why this style razor and blade system was ignored for so long. It is a great classic shaver method. We are proud to help a little in it resurgence to wet shavers.

That thing is beautiful!

I don't like SE razors at all. I had a few of them when I first started getting interested in old-school shaving, and I never felt like I could get a good or comfortable shave.

Having said that, looking at that razor I'm thinking that maybe my technique was to blame! If there were ever a razor that would make me want to take another stab at SE shaving, this might be the one!

I believe many will enjoy this new razor. Those from the DE world will have to adjust their technique a bit. The head needs to be much flatter against your face when you use it. ShaveBusta put a good video up this morning explaining this technique with the Atlas G1. The link is below;

youtube.com/watch?v=xT46gn2bWOk

Top Bottom