What's new

Ever seen this? Van Der Hagan; Long Handle Safety Razor

IMG_0794.JPG
first i've seen of thos. Anyone ever try it?

Same as the Weishi long-handle in gunmetal finish. ($17 on Amazon, at the moment.) Where is that located/ what are they charging for it?

A long-handled Weishi was my first DE razor. I like it. Nothing fancy, but it gets the job done with no trouble. I've gotten "better" razors since then, but I still grab it every now and then for a shave.

Same as the Weishi long-handle in gunmetal finish. ($17 on Amazon, at the moment.) Where is that located/ what are they charging for it?

A long-handled Weishi was my first DE razor. I like it. Nothing fancy, but it gets the job done with no trouble. I've gotten "better" razors since then, but I still grab it every now and then for a shave.

It was at Walgreens for $20. I didn't get it. I have nearly 30 razors at this point, so i'm getting picky

Yeah, I wouldn't buy one if you have others. (Particularly if you have a Super Speed.)
While I like mine, and am happy to have bought it, at this point I wouldn't replace it if it were to break or get lost or whatever.

It's interesting that there is another choice of DE Razor on the shelf at a national retailer for a reasonable price. I know that these will never supplant Mach 3 and the like, but it sure does seem like the "old fashioned" razors are creeping into the market. Up until just a few years ago, I can't recall seeing any type of razor besides a cart or electric for basically my whole adult life. Now, you can at least find 2 or 3 DE razors without too much trouble at big stores. Though they aren't exactly the best, they're a solid entry-point.

Yeah, I wouldn't buy one if you have others. (Particularly if you have a Super Speed.)
While I like mine, and am happy to have bought it, at this point I wouldn't replace it if it were to break or get lost or whatever.

It's interesting that there is another choice of DE Razor on the shelf at a national retailer for a reasonable price. I know that these will never supplant Mach 3 and the like, but it sure does seem like the "old fashioned" razors are creeping into the market. Up until just a few years ago, I can't recall seeing any type of razor besides a cart or electric for basically my whole adult life. Now, you can at least find 2 or 3 DE razors without too much trouble at big stores. Though they aren't exactly the best, they're a solid entry-point.

Yeah, its definitely cool to see. And there was only one one the shelf, so maybe that's saying something too. I have a few super-speeds :)

I saw some at my local Walgreens. I'm surprised they didn't make pink or blue handles and target it to women (like Gillette).

IMHO - anybody can do better than a Long Handled Weishi as a starter /travel razor...

BUT............

There are 101 other razors out there that are a lot worse than the Weishi

It's interesting that there is another choice of DE Razor on the shelf at a national retailer for a reasonable price. I know that these will never supplant Mach 3 and the like, but it sure does seem like the "old fashioned" razors are creeping into the market.

I'm starting to think that those guys who have stuck with the older cartridges and disposables, for cost and shave quality reasons are likely more and more amenable to giving DEs a go. There sure seems to be a lot of momentum in the traditional wet shaving market at the moment. I'd like to see an outfit like Harry's or Dollar Shave Club start offering DEs; then we'll know the revolution is winning. It's not that much of a stretch, since I think they buy a lot of their offerings from Dorco, which has a line of DE products.

I saw some at meijer with the black coating. They were priced at $28/ or $29. Way to much for a weishi razor, I like them but not that much.

Yup a Weishi. I had one back when Weishi first came out with them. Same Weishi-mild shave with just a longer handle. No reason to get one unless your main complaint about the Weishi is the handle length.

The "Limited Lifetime Warranty" marketing is new though. I wonder what exactly it is "limited" to, the usual wear & tear...

Top Bottom