What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

coffee 001.JPG

IMG_1191.JPG
I had all these today, double macchiatos ... currently still wide awake at midnight after only 2 hours sleep last night. Tanzanian washed bourbon, Panama washed caturra and Ethiopian natural processed heirloom... from Five Senses coffee roasters in Western Australia.

Blend of Costa Rica Carrizal and generic Ethiopian from an ethnic Ethiopian area. I roast all my own green coffee either in a Fresh Roast original model or a 1400 watt popper. I overload those machines until the beans don't move with the fan on, then I shake continuously until a lot of chaff blows out and the beans move on their own with the fan. I do this on my deck because I go up to second crack and there's a bit of smoke at that point.
Preparation: Magister heat exchange machine, MS-40.
Grinder: Anfim.

I only buy machines when I get great deals. The Magister was bought on Ebay and I was the only bidder at the minimum, so I paid around 40% of the going price (around 8 years ago). My Anfim was a demo from 1st Line. I modify my roasters with cans and aluminum foil to hold more beans and allow me the move the machines up and down during the roast for more even roasts.

I buy beans on Ebay on the Bodhi leaf auctions. Much cheaper than their online store or anywhere else. Just watch for no bidders or few bidders and jump in.

Last edited:
Kicking Horse Cliff Hanger Americano in the Breville 870XLS. It looks like this will be my daily grind as it took me a while to get it dialled in on this machine and now I'm going to enjoy the fruits of my labours for a while.

16g in/32g out with Bridge Street coffee espresso blend as a cappuccino using my Baratza Vario and NS Oscar.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Today started with Afro Phil, a one man roasting operation in Boise Idaho, espresso blend.
Finished with Black Rifle Coffee Just Black.

Top Bottom