What's new

They say soap doesn't go bad, when is enough enough?

It's a fun part of the hobby then I hated it. One day I realized how odd it was staring at the 50-60 soaps on hand some years back. Never been happier now with a 5 soap limit. Enough variety without having to 3017 but that choice is there and a 3017 is fun every so often. 5 soaps is over a years worth of shaves. 60 was nuts.

Your gut will tell you.

I have like 8-10 in current rotation and another 25-30 unopened, I honestly don't look at soaps, creams or splashes anymore as I think I have finally reached my limit.

I have like 8-10 in current rotation and another 25-30 unopened, I honestly don't look at soaps, creams or splashes anymore as I think I have finally reached my limit.

I finally did a real count. 45 is where I'm at. Time to put the brakes on for a few years I think. Pitty too, because I've never tried sterling.

I don't know when enough soap is enough but I keep buying and I love my variety. I currently have 170 uniques soaps/creams in my den and have used over 250 different unique soaps/creams according to my Excel spreadsheet that I keep.

I am not sure of the history of colgate unfortunately. I thought it was the "cup soap" that was the good stuff so i jumped on it

Pretty sure I bid on the same auction, but I have enough vintage colegate on hand that I don't feel I need to bid things up. My rule of thumb with Colegate is to avoid the cartons with the metric weight. So far that has served me well. Still, I used to use it in the 90's and liked it, and that was probabl the latest, "bad" formula.

It's a fun part of the hobby then I hated it. One day I realized how odd it was staring at the 50-60 soaps on hand some years back. Never been happier now with a 5 soap limit. Enough variety without having to 3017 but that choice is there and a 3017 is fun every so often. 5 soaps is over a years worth of shaves. 60 was nuts.

Your gut will tell you.
This.

Pretty sure I bid on the same auction, but I have enough vintage colegate on hand that I don't feel I need to bid things up. My rule of thumb with Colegate is to avoid the cartons with the metric weight. So far that has served me well. Still, I used to use it in the 90's and liked it, and that was probabl the latest, "bad" formula.

If that is the case, sorry about that. These will be my first Colgate soaps. It was the best price I've seen so far.

You'll have enough soap as soon as you add one more to the number of soaps already on hand. Then keep checking the number on hand.

yeah_that.gif

If that is the case, sorry about that. These will be my first Colgate soaps. It was the best price I've seen so far.
There is no need to appologize. Sincerely. I have 6 pucks of vintage Colegate and 2 Palmolive as is stands. In total I likely have enough soap for two decades. I just hope you enjoy the soap!

I hit my limit a while back...I just reached the point where one more was too many. So now I am slowly working through my many soaps and it is taking forever. I foresee a day in the distant future when I have between 3 to 5 soaps...and not buying any until one is used up completely.

:w00t: I know...I'm dreaming...

I'm trying to cut down.. I have a lot.. Some of these soaps seems to last forever like Pre and MdC, I'm not even sure if I'll ever run out if I stopped buying right now.

Let's really hope they don't go bad... :/

I'm trying to cut down.. I have a lot.. Some of these soaps seems to last forever like Pre and MdC, I'm not even sure if I'll ever run out if I stopped buying right now.

Let's really hope they don't go bad... :/

Yes. That is the thing. I wanted to try so many and still do. And I want to use all nearly all that I have and hope that they dont end up going to waste

Ad Astra

The Instigator
When you have to rent a storage unit ... seriously; I popped open a .30 ammo can the other day and it was full of soaps.

That's enough.

:gunsmilie: Now, where did I put that 200-round 7.62mm linked belt?

AA

I usually only have 2 or 3 in rotation. Always a MWF, and one more for some variety. Every great once in a while Ill have 3 in rotation.

Now DE's and AS splashes........ I can rotate through a lot of those.:001_smile

Most soaps seem to last forever, aside from Cella and maybe a few others. So weather you have 5 soaps or 500, it is entirely up to you. Some like having a nice variety to choose from, personally that is part of the fun of wet shaving IMO, but other people just use one soap until it is finished.

It is a good idea to have at least a couple different brand of samples so you can compaire and find what works best for your skin.

Pretty sure the ammo belt's in the medicine cabinet ...

Ammo can smells great, though.

AA

Of course it's in the medicine cabinet. Right where it belongs. I drowned my last Williams in Bay Rum. No lemon pledge smell at this time. We'll see how it is 30 shaves in though

Top Bottom