What's new

Jim Beam

I've learned recently that Jim Beam is the #1 selling Bourbon in America.

Having never tried it, should I?

Thus far I've had Evan Williams Makers Mark, and Leadslingers. I liked them all well enough to buy several bottles.

I know being the #1 selling can be a bit misleading (see the beer flavored water Bud Light)

Give it a shot. All the other drinkers must know something.
I both agree and disagree with your comment. While Beam white lable is not my favorite, it is worth getting introduced, if you have not tried it before. As for "other drinkers must know something," see SlyMoose's reference to "flavored water Bud Light." Popularity often has little to do with quality.

Beam was my go-to brown liquor for years, and I to this day keep a bottle around for when me or one of my guests gets in the mood to mix up a Jim and Coke. Ice cubes are the only thing allowed in my other on hand bourbons.

For the "big name" bottles, it's not at all bad. Not my favorite neat or straight up, but certainly have had worse for 3 times the price.

There's nothing wrong with Beam. But I don't find it any better than any of the other usual suspects in its price range. Overall, for a everyday bourbon, I go to Evan Williams. If I'm going "up a level" I usually pick Makers Mark.

It's missable. Having said that, I've done it. It made the worst Old Fashioned I've ever had. Maybe I need to try it neat, though, as it came with a splash of Sprite. Yeah. I need to try it neat.

Try Devils cut or green label they are better than white label also Makers mark is owned by Jim Beam so they do offer good products

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom