What's new

April 2017 Scores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I received Chatillon Lux 2017 Limited Edition Blackberry Blossom Bay Aftershave and matching L&L Grooming Shave Soap. I will need to try them soon this week. I usually like to try new soaps on the weekend to spend more time with them and experiment a bit, but I may break these in sooner. I am not sure the scent is for me, but I learned to lather and try soaps before passing judgement. This is my first Bay Rum based scent so I am really interested in seeing how I will like it.
Steve

View attachment 782957
View attachment 782958

View attachment 782959

Hope you like it, Steve. I received mine yesterday and used it this morning. The scent is quite different and very prominent during and after the shave. The AS lasts quite a while. I'm not sure I'd call it a Bay Rum scent but the blossom is really there. An excellent L&L soap. For me it's a real keeper.

Had a bunch of stuff coming in and they all showed up today! WD amber 22mm brush handle, the Pearl SBF-11 (a razor that will never be mistaken for a Gillette Black Handle Sheraton), and one and a half Durham safety razor (my final attempt at trying to get a good shave from a Durham).

View attachment 782982

Congrats. Hope the Durham works this time.

Hope you like it, Steve. I received mine yesterday and used it this morning. The scent is quite different and very prominent during and after the shave. The AS lasts quite a while. I'm not sure I'd call it a Bay Rum scent but the blossom is really there. An excellent L&L soap. For me it's a real keeper.

Tried a bit of the AS and I liked it. Good to hear the soap is a keeper for you. I like the way it feels somewhat soft and slick. I predict it will be a great performer for me like you said. It is always fun trying new software and soaps that are considered top notch.
Steve

Tried a bit of the AS and I liked it. Good to hear the soap is a keeper for you. I like the way it feels somewhat soft and slick. I predict it will be a great performer for me like you said. It is always fun trying new software and soaps that are considered top notch.
Steve

I too like to give the highly rated soaps a try. Sometimes I agree and sometimes not. I have eight of the L&L Grooming soaps. The six that I've used have all been excellent.

My Eufros soaps arrived today. One is from the ATG group buy; smells great, very fresh scent. I'll be busy with these for the next couple of days!
19APR17 Eufros.JPG

Yes, they are in fact badger hair but I am not sure I saw them in the clearance isle on my last trip. If you can still find them grab a few at that price like I did.

Keep in mind, if your store didn't have some in stock to begin with, they probably won't be in the Clearance. Both stores near me did not have them.

Yes, they are badger...just not the "high quality" stuff. They are acceptable, may shed some, won't last forever.

Keep in mind, if your store didn't have some in stock to begin with, they probably won't be in the Clearance. Both stores near me did not have them.

Yes, they are badger...just not the "high quality" stuff. They are acceptable, may shed some, won't last forever.

Yes, but with the SKU # i can do a search of my area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom