What's new

Mr Bingle Presents: Reindeer&Sleigh Ver.3

I am glad you enjoyed it. I wanted to make sure you got what was on your list.

Actually opened about 45 minutes ago. So I've already gotten a chance to use the grinder, razor and cream. :blushing:

But there's a lot of firsts here.
Gillette Slim: My first adjustable and currently my only TTO DE. Shaved with a Voskhod. Really awesome comfortable shave going ATG on 7 and ATG on 3. Nice razor.

I wanted to open it so badly to take a sniff but I used a bit of sound judgement and resistance.
:blushing:

Pilot Metropolitan: My first fountain pen! I'll have to give it a go when I get home later. But the packaging/presentation is very nice.

My apologies for not including a note to let you know the brush was for restoration. I do not think it is in condition for use. You have to post photos when it is done. :biggrin1:

When I saw the burr grinder on your list, I knew you had to have some coffee from the Pacific Northwest. I am not sure you noticed or not, I started a thread hoping you would post the type of coffee you preferred. Living in a part of the country with so many roasters, many of which I know personally. If you let me know your preference I will send you something more to your liking.
:w00t:

MERRY CHRISTMAS

I'm not too picky. I haven't tried many coffees so I'm always excited to see something new. Sorry, I didn't see your thread as I don't spend much time in The Cafe.

Wouldn't of bothered me a bit if you had opened the Stone Cottage. I'd recommend getting some samples as its a very nice cream. I've got enough stuff now I'm thinking of going on the restraint for 2017....

For the brush the only question is; boar or synthetic?
I've never tried synthetic and have only one boar.
I'm happy with my badgers and I just made a pair of aluminum shave brushes about a month ago I've never showed on B&B since one went into the box to my bingle buddy.

A picture at last:

View attachment 711893

My Bingle Buddy went above and beyond with a dream order from IB! Hooked me up with that slant razor I've been eyeing, a synthetic brush I can't wait to use, a few of my favorite blades, and a handful of soaps I haven't yet tried. It killed me to pack everything back up for my two-day cross country drive, but I can't wait to break it all in!

Thanks Bingle Buddy, you nailed it!:w00t:
Sorry my quote response yesterday apparently was justy a reply not reply with quote. I am glad you enjoy what I chose for you! I decided on the sensitive soaps because I believe I read somewhere you were having issues with some and I didn't want that to happen with Bingle Items. The Amici however is supposed to mean Friend so I got it as a token of our friendships here at B&B. Our wonderful vendors here.... IB apparently threw in the soap sample as a gift as well as I mentioned the exchange and asked they mark the box properly! I really hope you enjoy it all and think of our great fellowship on B&B everytime you use some of it good sir!

Great video, Craig! I really enjoyed the suspense, as you proceeded through those awesome gifts. Good luck to the Tide, although I'm part of the 1% who thinks my Dawgs might actually win the game... If Alabama wins, I'll buy you a beer next time you're in Seattle. If the UW wins, I might show up some day asking you to buy me a beer. Deal?

Thanks! Sounds like a plan [MENTION=89817]pbrmhl[/MENTION].:thumbup1: But can I sub some whiskey for the beer? I can't drink beer anymore. :sad: You show up and I'll even throw in a Premium Hand Rolled Cigar!:001_cool:

Love the video!
Thanks for sharing! :thumbup1:

Thanks and your welcome!

@clyde72 Craig that was excellent! Your Bingle Buddy really hooked you up. Now you have to do one thing for me...get a hammer and smash that Alabama thermal tumbler. :001_smile Geaux Tigers

Thanks Don! Yeah that is not gonna happen, ROLL TIDE ROLL! :thumbup: However I will be pulling for LSU in the Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl! SEC rules!

Sorry my quote response yesterday apparently was justy a reply not reply with quote. I am glad you enjoy what I chose for you! I decided on the sensitive soaps because I believe I read somewhere you were having issues with some and I didn't want that to happen with Bingle Items. The Amici however is supposed to mean Friend so I got it as a token of our friendships here at B&B. Our wonderful vendors here.... IB apparently threw in the soap sample as a gift as well as I mentioned the exchange and asked they mark the box properly! I really hope you enjoy it all and think of our great fellowship on B&B everytime you use some of it good sir!

Now that I know who my Buddy is, I can thank you personally! You stalked well, I do indeed prefer sensitive soaps. The Amici is a great gesture, It will definitely remind me of the great fellowship here at B&B. IB did a great job marking the package and the soap sample was a nice bonus! Everything is packed up nice and safe for my cross country drive and can't wait to break it out when I get back.

Opened up my gift yesterday morning, and was really surprised at the great gifts:

Vintage Old Spice shaving mug
Wooden razor stand
Vintage fat handle Tech razor (pre WWII?)
Vintage Gillette travel razor with 9 vintage Wilkinson Sword blades

Thank you very much to my Bingle Buddy!

Glad you liked the gifts! I did some stalking and went out on a limb, but I hope all the gifts treat you well!

I had a fantastic shave with my gifts this morning! I used:

Quaker City near wedge Straight
TOBS Coconut Shaving Cream
Semogue 620
RazoRock Alum
Old Spice aftershave
Nivea Cooling ASB

I loaded my brush with a little too much TOBS so I had to do quite a bit of working with it to get it to the right consistency. The lather turned out wonderfully! My razor was up to the challenge of removing my 4 week old goatee. I didn't trim it down at all and it fell right off my face! The three pass shave went really well, the light coconut scent was great. The post shave feel was really smooth and clean. The Alum gave little feedback. I slapped on some Old Spice and after the dry down I finished off with the Nivea ASB. Thanks Bingle Buddy!!!

Last edited:
Fantastic Stuff Gents and Nice Videos [MENTION=29515]TheVez2[/MENTION] and [MENTION=106317]clyde72[/MENTION] . The giving of our members always amazes me. Just Fantastic

Fantastic Stuff Gents and Nice Videos @TheVez2 and @clyde72 . The giving of our members always amazes me. Just Fantastic

Thanks Dave! And I concur!! Wonderful group of folks here at B&B! Everything from just being friendly and more than willing to help with questions and advice, and all the time never insulting or nasty, well until we get to know you anyway, :wink2: {always in fun though}, giving of PIF's or just giving in general. Not to mention the St. Sue Auction, or this the Mr. Bingle gift exchange. I'm proud and honored to have participated in all of these! High 5's to all of the B&B Members!:thumbup1:

Love my gifts, and the very nice handwritten note from my Bingle Buddy (as seen in the second picture). He sent me a couple of handmade aftershave balms (which appear north of the glass of brown liquid in the second picture) that smell wonderful, and the shaving soap that I've been lusting after for a long time (which appears south of the glass of brown liquid in the second picture). He also has a detailed plan for furthering his generosity with a special passaround at some point in the future--which may be the best gift of all. The second picture also includes some miscellaneous gifts, but the composition was attractive to me after downing a bit of the brown liquid last night after 12 hours with the in-laws... The first picture is my wife's wrap job of the Bingle box, as well as my Boston Terrier snoozing on my lap. Here are my pix:

View attachment 712017View attachment 712018

Thank you very much, Bingle Buddy! And please let me know if I can add an item or two to your passaround.

Top Bottom