What's new

Mr Bingle Presents: Reindeer&Sleigh Ver.3

View attachment 711736
Here's my Bingle gift! There's Noodler's Ink in Air Corp Blue Black, Mentha body soap, some menthol crystals, and a nice shave bowl that unfortunately sustained a little shipping damage that I should be able to repair. Thanks, Mr. Bingle for all the background work.

Other shave gifts my wife also gave me are Stirling Black Ice, a birth year/quarter Gillette Super Speed, and a shaving mug/brush tree ornament.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
A very big thank you to my Bingle buddy [MENTION=103898]CBLindsay[/MENTION]! You really know how to spoil somebody rotten!

I look forward to trying each and every one of these.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

I am really excited to try the home made soaps! I have heard great things about them before.

Merry Christmas Chris and to everyone at B&B!

Kindly,
Adam

P.S. Pray I don't pass out from lack of sleep!!![emoji23]

Just blown away by the generosity of this gift... Thanks so much @*Terence* this is unbelievable.

View attachment 711717

I am glad you enjoyed it. I wanted to make sure you got what was on your list.

Actually opened about 45 minutes ago. So I've already gotten a chance to use the grinder, razor and cream. :blushing:

But there's a lot of firsts here.
Gillette Slim: My first adjustable and currently my only TTO DE. Shaved with a Voskhod. Really awesome comfortable shave going ATG on 7 and ATG on 3. Nice razor.

Stone Cottage cream: This is a really nice cream. But to me is about as hard as many of the artisan soaps I've tried. Anyway it loads up fast, thick, creamy and rich slickness. The scent Suede de Kashmir has that Middle Eastern spice market thing going for it. Closest scent I've tried is Mystic Waters Egyptian Dragon. Also at 6 oz this is a big jar.

I wanted to open it so badly to take a sniff but I used a bit of sound judgement and resistance.
:blushing:

Pilot Metropolitan: My first fountain pen! I'll have to give it a go when I get home later. But the packaging/presentation is very nice.

Vintage Rubberset brush: My first vintage brush. The bristles don't seem too be other than outer ring has many broken strands. I haven't tried it, but I may end up re-knotting it. Which I like doing. Thanks!

My apologies for not including a note to let you know the brush was for restoration. I do not think it is in condition for use. You have to post photos when it is done. :biggrin1:

Java Presse manual burr grinder: I got a new french press from my wife and it works out perfect. I put kettle on stove and start grinding. About the time the kettle whistles I'm done grinding and it holds about the perfect amount for the french press.

Angelfire Vietnamese coffee: Appears to be a much lighter roast than I'd normally go for. But made for a fragrant, slightly oily, bright and somewhat fruity cup of coffee. Also mild enough for my wife who doesn't normally like my dark roasts.

When I saw the burr grinder on your list, I knew you had to have some coffee from the Pacific Northwest. I am not sure you noticed or not, I started a thread hoping you would post the type of coffee you preferred. Living in a part of the country with so many roasters, many of which I know personally. If you let me know your preference I will send you something more to your liking.
:w00t:

MERRY CHRISTMAS

To my bingle buddy:

Jason (Demaskee),

Thank you so much for your thoughtful gifts! Everything is wonderful, and I really appreciate it. I also particularly love the challenge coin. I haven't seen one of those since I was in the air force myself, and received one from my unit, which unfortunately was lost in the move when I separated.

For the masses, Jason was very generous and sent out a challenge coin from his unit in Alaska, a bag of 550 parachute cord in black, which I use to make various crafty stuff, tub of TOBS St. James, a Jinhao X450 in Matte Black Frost which I've always wanted to try, a Rite in the Rain weather resistant notepad, and (not pictured) a large bottle of Noodler's Baystate Blue, which I need to clean up a bit, as it seems the lid seeped a little in transport.
Again, sir, many thanks, and I hope your Christmas has been as merry as you've made mine, sir.
proxy.php

proxy.php
Thank you so much [MENTION=108483]Djtj[/MENTION] for the wonderful gifts!!! I'm a huge fan of Fine shaving soap, I'm really excited to give L'Orange Noir a try! The TOBS Coconut cream has been on my list for a very long time, I'll be shaving with it this morning! The Nivea Cooling ASB must have come from a thread I started, it will be well used. The Proraso cream is gonna be fun too, I'm sure it will be fantastic.

Last but not least, the Old Spice Aftershave! You were right, it 100% reminds me of my grandfather! As I read your card aloud to my family, I read the line "My elves told me Old Spice reminds you of your Grandfather." My Mom teared up and said "oh my gosh it does," the bottle was then passed around by young and old for a sniff and a splash. Before I knew it, the room smelled like Grandpa had come to visit. TJ, THANK YOU for the wonderful new family memory!

Best wishes and a very Merry Christmas to all of you!

Matt

Last edited:
Dearest Bob I really really appreciate the fantastic gifts that you blessed me with this year. I have been dying to try MWF and I am super thrilled to sample the rest of the clubman line. I'm a bit unsure on the shave stick but I look forward to the adventure in a new soap! The candy surprised me and was good! But most of all I loved the card and the personal notes that are confirmation of our wonderful fellowship here!View attachment 711776View attachment 711777View attachment 711778

I'm at the in-laws this morning, and won't get to open my gift until mid-afternoon. Nice folks, but gee whiz...

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!
and a HUGE THANK YOU to my Bingle Buddy. My buddy generously gifted me with Eternity cologne, Gucci shave gel, and Royall Muske cologne. This is not something that I could just go out and get for myself, so thank you so much:thumbup1:
View attachment 711782

Dearest Bob I really really appreciate the fantastic gifts that you blessed me with this year. I have been dying to try MWF and I am super thrilled to sample the rest of the clubman line. I'm a bit unsure on the shave stick but I look forward to the adventure in a new soap! The candy surprised me and was good! But most of all I loved the card and the personal notes that are confirmation of our wonderful fellowship here!

Please report back on the Veg! I've not tried the La Toja either, but have only heard good things about it. Merry Christmas!

Here we go box #1...
proxy.php

proxy.php

Queen Charlotte Soaps, assortment. The Celestial Woods scent is right up my alley. Nice pick.
Ha... BACON Lip Balm. Think this will keep your lips chapped from the continued licking of my lips..lol. Awesome..

Box #2..

proxy.php

I got a Bingle..I got a Bingle...Yay!!!

proxy.php

proxy.php

Nice Old Spice mug..loaded with some Klar' s Kabinett. Very nice suttle Rose scent.. My first shave,of this, will be in the morning..love it..

Group shot...lol
proxy.php

Jessy [MENTION=56654]jzuzphreek[/MENTION] , Thank you so much for all my goodies. You really out did yourself on the limit info you could find out about me....Thnak You.
Keith

Can never go wrong with shaving supplies! Thank you very much Bingle Buddy [MENTION=77251]Nicholas[/MENTION] !
Some stuff I've heard great things of but never used, Pannacrema Vetiver, Smooth Operator, and one I've used once, but only once and loved it, Palmolive cream.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

proxy.php

One of the advantages(?) of having only teenagers in the house is a reasonable time to get up for presents. (Of course, the disadvantage is having teenagers incessantly mock you for giving and receiving shaving presents. They've suggested swapping toothpaste and zit cream with others next.)

But I finally did have a chance to open the great package from [MENTION=29515]TheVez2[/MENTION]. Inside were several smaller wrapped presents. I did not have a chance to get pix of the unwrap, but here's a shot of the haul:

View attachment 711788

Two great soaps await me - AoS Sandalwood and a Mystic Water that I'm sure I'll love - Lavender Lime. (I'm sure because lavender and lime are each two of my faves.)

Plus a pack of Underbergs - may come in handy tonight - and a couple of personal reminders of KJ. A bottle of authentic barbecue sauce and a B-2 keychain. I was thinking that the wrapped BBQ sauce was a strange shape for an aftershave bottle and am glad that it's properly labeled. Since it was from KJ, there was always a chance that it might be some strange concoction for my face.

Not shown is the present that means the most to me. KJ made a contribution to a food shelf in my name. I appreciate having others thought of as well as me.

Thanks again, KJ for the wonderful gifts. I appreciate your thoughtfulness and your friendship. And to all my other friends here - enjoy the day!

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!!

My Bingle Buddy went above and beyond for my Gifts. THANK YOU Matt!!! @Luecke2326.

A vintage bottle of AV ( now filled with Aqua Velva Sport)
Ferrero Roche ( almost gone by the way)
Soap Woods Walnut bath Soap ( used today, and you were right Wonderful )
Some Missouri Souvenirs ( bottle opener and Magnet )
Penhaligon's Sartorial Shave soap ( was going to purchase in 2017, again used today!)
and to top it off!!! a Home made skull cap from his lovely wife Iryna ( wont get a chance to use much in AZ, but today it is cold and Sleeting so it will be and my wife Sharon is already eyeing it to appropriate it, LOL)
A wonderful hand written card ( and no my penmanship is atrocious )

Here are the Pics.... and Viewer Discretion advised a selfie of me in the cap, Handlebar unkempt so if you have already eaten, please look away to avoid the need for imodium. The cap looks great, the wearer.... not so much, LOL In my defense I am wearing a Pink Floyd shirt so that should make up for the horror of the photo:001_smile

Thanks Again Matt for the lovely Christmas Gifts. I hope all you gents have a WONDERFUL DAY!!!!!

proxy.php

proxy.php

Holy Smokes! John [MENTION=75490]imatabor[/MENTION] knows me better than I know myself! The rundown:

1) A decal of my beloved Giants.

2) Tube of Proraso green (one of my favorite creams)

3) Some tabacaveg that smells absolutely wonderful (what can I say, I'm "chosen").

4) Shave stick tube. Freaky because I just ordered a new stick of arko and needed to pick one up.

5) Vintage Williams! This is great as had a puck I was saving and my dog decided she wanted to see if the vintage was as tasty as the modern.

6) Gillette Blacks - my favorite blade, and I was down to my last 2.

7) GEM Micromatic with blades. SE razors have been on my bucket list for a while. Super excited to shave with it.

8) homemade bottle of Bay Rum. The LOTH enjoyed the smell, so home run here!

9) 2 shavettes for my boys to use next to me. I've never used a shavette, just straights, so these will get some real stick time as well.

John, thank you for such a thoughtful and generous gift! You completely nailed everything. I can't wait to dig in.

Merry Christmas to everyone on Badger and Blade.
proxy.php

So much greatness and generosity in this thread! This thread make the holiday that much better. For the past two years, this has been a big part of my celebration. Enjoying it all so far.

Haven't opened mine yet, but will soon.

Top Bottom