What's new

Mr Bingle Presents: Reindeer&Sleigh Ver.3

Merry Christmas everyone! Unfortunately due to my distrust of airlines and my family's trip to Mexico it's looking like I will not be opening my bingle box until around Jan 1 or 2 :/ I was going to open it early, take pictures, and pretend that I opened it day of but I figured that would ruin the spirit... so instead I have (unfortunately) about 6 more days of anticipation

View attachment 711700
My bingle buddy hooked it up large!!! Not to mention that it cost him $25 just to ship it to me. Very very generous. I can't wait to take my new fine lather bowl for a spin!!!

thanks so much and Merry Christmas everyone!!!

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
My Bingle Buddy has been watching me over at The Brown Leaf, methinks.

View attachment 711701

The Pipe Smoker's Notebook is a bunch of lined pages, each one with a great quote about pipe smoking. The pipe tool is VERY sleek. The photo does a terrible job, but it's a cool gunmetal gray with a very nice heft and feel. I will enjoy both of these! Thanks, Bingle Buddy! :w00t:

Merry Christmas to you and yours! SWMBO and I didn't exchange gifts this year as were saving as much as possible for the wedding in September, but I still had one gift to open this morning! :w00t:

Included in my box was a puck of Schafmilch, a Speick stick and bottle of Speick AS splash!! Thank you so much, Bingle Buddy!! The Schafmilch is a top soap for me, and wasn't on my short wish list, so there was some great stalking done on their part!

Looking forward to the rest of the reveals!

proxy.php

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Merry Christmas to you and yours! SWMBO and I didn't exchange gifts this year as were saving as much as possible for the wedding in September, but I still had one gift to open this morning! :w00t:

Included in my box was a puck of Schafmilch, a Speick stick and bottle of Speick AS splash!! Thank you so much, Bingle Buddy!! The Schafmilch is a top soap for me, and wasn't on my short wish list, so there was some great stalking done on their part!

Looking forward to the rest of the reveals!

proxy.php

Holy smoke! I love that monorail!

And, I agree. While it's great fun to open a gift, I also greatly look forward to all the posts. Great day! :w00t:

So I opened my gifts this morning!!!

These are the following:
* Rockwell 6s, adjustable razor set
* NOS Gillette Techmatic
* NOS Gillette Trac II, demo model in a can(!)
* Wooden stant for several razors

And of course, a wonderful Christmas card!!!

Just WOW! Amazing gifts. I'm grateful. Also, shipping to Greece was extremely expensive.
[MENTION=112108]Komboloi[/MENTION] "Κομπολόι", thanks for everything, Charles! It was a great package. I'm sure I will enjoy all of them! Merry Christmas to you, Happy Holidays!

I'll upload a picture as soon as possible. I have a problem with my camera.

Thanks for such a great gift exchange and Merry Christmas everyone!

BIG shoutout and Merry Christmas to my Bingle Buddy, [MENTION=89999]skypsyd[/MENTION] (AKA "Dave, The Radio Santa"). Santa knew that I'm redecorating my shave den and needed some shave-related wall art, so Bingle Buddy hooked me up big time. 8 framed shaving prints! PLUS, he delivered a beautiful blue Cross Calais fountain pen (very sleek; very understated; very elegant) and THREE BAGS of Christmas sweets, one of which didn't survive undisturbed five minutes after opening. I explained to my house guests that cookies make a great breakfast hor d'oeuvre, because chocolate and sugar are both vegetables. Can't wait to ink up the Calais after breakfast and start measuring the shave den for my new wall art.

Thanks, Dave! Great gifts! Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Charles

P.S. A recent scientific study (in my kitchen, among two adorable children aged 8 and 6) has determined that blueberry candy canes are 48.7% tastier than peppermint ones.

View attachment 711703
View attachment 711704View attachment 711705

A big thank you to my Bingle Buddy Michael from up North, I look forward to breaking in the badger brush and have long been a fan of Speick AS, I can't wait to try the shave stick:

proxy.php

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all!

Merry Christmas everyone! Unfortunately due to my distrust of airlines and my family's trip to Mexico it's looking like I will not be opening my bingle box until around Jan 1 or 2 :/ I was going to open it early, take pictures, and pretend that I opened it day of but I figured that would ruin the spirit... so instead I have (unfortunately) about 6 more days of anticipation

No worries I am with you there- we won't be home until after Christmas as well so I will have to wait till the 30th or 31st but I promise pictures! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Last edited:
I couldn't resist as I had some extra time before leaving and went ahead and opened my box.

Inside the USPS box I found a bag. Inside that bag I found 2 more USPS bags. Inside those two bags I found all these wrapped goodies.
View attachment 711716
It's beautiful wrapping, wish I'd opened it this far to keep under the tree. Oh well, if there's more wrap underneath this I'll be rolling on the floor. :laugh:

To be continued... right now!

My Bingle Buddy went all out and I want to say thank you very much to my giver of grand gifts! This Christmas truly is special to me for many different reasons that I won't get into now. But I am so appreciative of my Bingle exchange gift. I didn't do a video this year but I have several pictures of me tearing into my gift! And yes...I am unshaven and wearing a headband. What? A dude has to keep his hair out of his face!

View attachment 711710View attachment 711711View attachment 711712

In the package was a soap and matching aftershave of PAA Mentholated Lime Ice Sage. A tub of Maggard Razors Northern Moss Platinum Shave Soap. And various samples of shaving soap...to include: Captain's Choice North, Barrister & Mann Lavanille, Maggard razors Limes & Bergamot, and Chiseled Face Midnight Stag.

View attachment 711719

I love all of these scents and more importantly...so does the SWMBO! Thank you so very much Bingle Buddy! Your gifts really did bring a smile to my face!

Thanks to all of you here at Badger & Blade for making a very difficult time in my life very special this Christmas. Merry Christmas to each and everyone of you! And have a Happy New Year...may 2017 be better than the last!

Here is a better picture of what my Bingle Buddy jkf69 sent my way, thanks Keith. At least I hope I am right on who my Bingle Buddy is.

Just blown away by the generosity of this gift... Thanks so much [MENTION=86252]*Terence*[/MENTION] this is unbelievable.

View attachment 711717

Actually opened about 45 minutes ago. So I've already gotten a chance to use the grinder, razor and cream. :blushing:

But there's a lot of firsts here.
Gillette Slim: My first adjustable and currently my only TTO DE. Shaved with a Voskhod. Really awesome comfortable shave going ATG on 7 and ATG on 3. Nice razor.

Stone Cottage cream: This is a really nice cream. But to me is about as hard as many of the artisan soaps I've tried. Anyway it loads up fast, thick, creamy and rich slickness. The scent Suede de Kashmir has that Middle Eastern spice market thing going for it. Closest scent I've tried is Mystic Waters Egyptian Dragon. Also at 6 oz this is a big jar.

Pilot Metropolitan: My first fountain pen! I'll have to give it a go when I get home later. But the packaging/presentation is very nice.

Vintage Rubberset brush: My first vintage brush. The bristles don't seem too be other than outer ring has many broken strands. I haven't tried it, but I may end up re-knotting it. Which I like doing. Thanks!

Java Presse manual burr grinder: I got a new french press from my wife and it works out perfect. I put kettle on stove and start grinding. About the time the kettle whistles I'm done grinding and it holds about the perfect amount for the french press.

Angelfire Vietnamese coffee: Appears to be a much lighter roast than I'd normally go for. But made for a fragrant, slightly oily, bright and somewhat fruity cup of coffee. Also mild enough for my wife who doesn't normally like my dark roasts.

I can't believe the effort and thought that went into this box. Merry Christmas everyone!

BIG shoutout and Merry Christmas to my Bingle Buddy, @skypsyd (AKA "Dave, The Radio Santa"). Santa knew that I'm redecorating my shave den and needed some shave-related wall art, so Bingle Buddy hooked me up big time. 8 framed shaving prints! PLUS, he delivered a beautiful blue Cross Calais fountain pen (very sleek; very understated; very elegant) and THREE BAGS of Christmas sweets, one of which didn't survive undisturbed five minutes after opening. I explained to my house guests that cookies make a great breakfast hor d'oeuvre, because chocolate and sugar are both vegetables. Can't wait to ink up the Calais after breakfast and start measuring the shave den for my new wall art.

Thanks, Dave! Great gifts! Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Charles

P.S. A recent scientific study (in my kitchen, among two adorable children aged 8 and 6) has determined that blueberry candy canes are 48.7% tastier than peppermint ones.

View attachment 711703
View attachment 711704View attachment 711705

so glad you liked and hope the art work makes it a fantastic shave den. Merry Christmas

Awesome Pics so far!!!!

Merry Christmas - Happy Holidays to everyone!!

View attachment 711730

I am blown away!! Maggard MR7 handle (the one I wanted!!!) Texas on Fire soap :thumbup1:
Maggard 26mm Synthetic brush - Holy Kringle it is HUGE :w00t:

And the biggest surprise - Viking AVON after shave bottle - Thank you so much Bingle Buddy!!

Top Bottom