What's new

Best sandalwood scented soaps

hands down.
original Art of Shaving sandalwood shave soap.

proxy.php

I like to use Captain's Choice Sandalwood Shaving Soap when I won't be too near my wife until the scent fades away for she is sensitive to almost all fragrances which bother her breathing.

AOS Tallow is the finest smelling sandalwood to my nose (wish it was a tad stronger - but these are old pucks). It's a greater performer.
Proraso Sandalwood
Petal Pusher's Fancies Sandalwood - Dangerous Don hits the nose right on the nose. This has a very nice mix of colognes that approximate a cologne Sandalwood that's terrific.

Sandalwood Shave Creams

Coate's Sandalwood - A pure sandalwood scent - very nice.
Proraso Sandalwood - Reportedly a natural sandalwood scent. To my nose it's an earthy sandalwood.
Truefitt & Hill Sandalwood - A lovely mixture of different colognes that approximate a sandalwood scent. For me it's a luxurious scent.

My favorite is OSP Sandalwood. He uses genuine Indian Sandalwood essential oil. I know of no other producer that uses this because its expensive and hard to get. Some use Australian Sandalwood that is not quite as good but is less expensive, but most use synthetic fragrance oils. I hoped to get some great results from AoS Tallow Sandalwood, but each time I purchased it from the bay where it is still available, it had no scent at all - probably very old stock which is disappointing because of the many that say it is so nice.

Last edited:
What's the one with the strongest scent and NO Cologne smell like TOBS can't
stand the cologne smell in it. I like woody,spicy,dark,dirty scents.

What's the one with the strongest scent and NO Cologne smell like TOBS can't
stand the cologne smell in it. I like woody,spicy,dark,dirty scents.
I'm going to suggest Art of Shaving sandalwood. Strong exotic wood scent and no perfume notes. I have both. They both have a good sandalwood scent but are on opposite ends of the scale.

My vote is AOS Sandalwood. I think that is the best representation of pure sandalwood.
^This. And the Valobra version of AoS Sandalwood is as good as it gets, in terms of performance, IMO.
(Have yet to try Fine's interpretation, but reportedly it's a similar scent.)

No one has mentioned Stirling Soap's version of Sandalwood which surprises me since they generally get rave reviews around here. To be honest this is one of the scents I have not tried from them.

I'm not terribly familiar with Sandalwood scents and the following one isn't pure Sandalwood, but I do really enjoy Cooper & French's Sandalwood & Amber

Came here just to say this same thing!

No one has mentioned Stirling Soap's version of Sandalwood which surprises me since they generally get rave reviews around here. To be honest this is one of the scents I have not tried from them.

Top Bottom