What's new

Why do we call the G-Bar the G-Bar?

Heavy Flat Top?

$TRUMP!.jpg

I think it's becacuse it has the letter G on it, and a Safety bar. Also Heavy Flat Top just doesn't sound very appealing. :tongue_sm

It came up on the Boards somewhere around mid-two thousand. Someone commented it looked like a crow type prying bar with G. He called it a G bar in the post. It caught on and just kept getting used as the name until the HFT marketing got noticed a couple of years ago and G Bar started getting used less.

Interesting. Is that a single edge, or is there a second shorter edge on the top too? The handle looks heavy and the blade gap looks extreme, but I like the lather catcher wings in the middle and nose-hair trimmer on the end. How does it shave?

Question for you G-bar owners: Ever-Ready also made a version of that razor. Did it have a letter on the handle too? Presumably not G, I'd suppose.

Question for you G-bar owners: Ever-Ready also made a version of that razor. Did it have a letter on the handle too? Presumably not G, I'd suppose.
I had an Ever-Ready razor at one time and if I remember correctly, it was a blank circle.

Top Bottom