What's new

2016 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Christmas (GRU - Christmas)

I know if I walked into a store and saw a Wilkinson set like that I would not leave without it unless they wanted some silly price for it. Fortunately for my restraint, I haven't seen anything like that in our local shops. So um... yay?

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
It's been a few weeks since I've last checked in, so I just wanted to say that I'm still going strong. I hope that everyone's doing well. :thumbup1:

I'm still in - I've been in the annual restraint too. So far no temptations and since Christmas is only two weeks away I don't forsee any problems. Keep going gents - stay strong!

#26 still in. I'm really looking forward to picking up some new knots when this is over though. Truthfully, it hasn't been that bad, I've failed two monthly restraints but this one has been much easier.

#26 still in. I'm really looking forward to picking up some new knots when this is over though. Truthfully, it hasn't been that bad, I've failed two monthly restraints but this one has been much easier.

I think I'm going to attempt my first knot transplants next year too. I have two handles that I like that have knots that I don't like. They both have 24mm knots in them now, and I've been wanting to try one of those new Tuxedo knots.

Gentlemen, I regret to inform you that I fell off the wagon. I'm out.

I made the mistake of walking into one of my local antique stores and they had just got in a half dozen razors, and sitting there was a beautiful Canadian Old Type. The crack in the handle is so minute that it took me some time to find it. I had to have it and the single ring case it came in, so I caved.

Good luck to the rest out you. Only a few. Weeks left.

I think I'm going to attempt my first knot transplants next year too. I have two handles that I like that have knots that I don't like. They both have 24mm knots in them now, and I've been wanting to try one of those new Tuxedo knots.

Do it! My first brush I bought was an EJ pure which I ordered by mistake when I wanted best. I didn't care for it and within a month or so I steamed it out and set a TGN premium silvertip into it. The rest is history...

Careful of those antique stores...

1. mr_eleven - No exception
2. MacQ - No exceptions
3. SmurfK - Semogue 830
4. Jonno7452 - OUT- Packet of cartridge razors
5. Samarijack - OUT - Gold Dollar Straight
6. Haggises - No exceptions
7. KQY61- No Exceptions
8. Maven454 - No exceptions
9. Komboloi - OUT - Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap
10. Vespasian - No exceptions
11. gwsmallwood - No exceptions
12. MuhleShaver - No Exceptions
13. Clausewitz - No Exceptions
14. Pepin - OUT - Vintage Boxed Wilkinson Set
15. SaskShaver - OUT - Canadian Old Type
16. jstr2112 - OUT - Saving bowl from eBay
17. kstrac87- No exceptions
18. kevdogg329* - OUT - Edge Pro Gel
19. CzechCzar - 1 full bottle of 17 samples
20. Claudel Xerxes- No Exceptions
21. bobmsp - No exception
22. vanhooglesnort - No Exceptions
23. byDoms - No Exceptions
24. CliffDweller - no exceptions

25. Jarick - OUT - Synthetic Brush
26. CigarSmoka - no exceptions
27. ZergoZatgai - Omega 10049
28. golem - No exception

Do you shave in the house? Because it seems like that should put you out then. :001_rolle

Hi,

Only if the house is only for shaving....like a dog house, only different! :)

Just like water heaters. One for everyone is OK. One for your shaving and you're Out! ;)

Stan

Gentlemen, I regret to inform you that I fell off the wagon. I'm out.

I made the mistake of walking into one of my local antique stores and they had just got in a half dozen razors, and sitting there was a beautiful Canadian Old Type. The crack in the handle is so minute that it took me some time to find it. I had to have it and the single ring case it came in, so I caved.

Good luck to the rest out you. Only a few. Weeks left.

Hi,

Totally understandable. We make a new restraint each Quarter. Old Types, Single Rings and their cases not so much!

Stan

Do you shave in the house? Because it seems like that should put you out then. :001_rolle

I thought of that. The payment is cheaper than our current rent (not spending but actually saving), the first payment isn't due until January, and the seller paid closing costs. I'm still in. :thumbup1:

I'm out; Vespasian, #10. Martin de Cendre Rose. Simply could not resist adding this thoroughbred to my herd of rose soaps and creams. Oh, well, next year.

Another taken by the Darth side...
$6455.gif

1. mr_eleven - No exception
2. MacQ - No exceptions
3. SmurfK - Semogue 830
4. Jonno7452 - OUT- Packet of cartridge razors
5. Samarijack - OUT - Gold Dollar Straight
6. Haggises - No exceptions
7. KQY61- No Exceptions
8. Maven454 - No exceptions
9. Komboloi - OUT - Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap
10. Vespasian - OUT - Martin de Candre Rose