What's new

Slickest, best shave creams?

By far, the two best and slickest creams for me are Santa Maria Novella(the slickest) and XPEC(Unscented version). Castle Forbes is right up there too. Some here have mentioned Esbjerg but I have found it just impossible to develop a decent lather at all with it. I tossed mine away finally.

Craig

I'm surprised no one said Cremo. Can get for like $7 at drug or grocery store. I can only compare it to TOBS Jermyn and organic, proraso white, and Crown shaving co. Out of the ones I listed, cremo is slickest.

My favorite cream is Salter creams followed by Biotique. I recently tried Simpson creams, as well, and it was just ok but not as good as my top tier.

I have to agree with @alex2363 about Biotique Palmyra Shave Cream being slick. This stuff is ridiculously slick! It is also very reasonably priced if you order it from a vendor in India and don't mind a little wait.

+2 The Biotique is insanely slick. If you demand a big, bold fragrance though, it might not be for you.

If you liked the Simpson's (I do too) you're bound to like St. James of London.

Musgo Real is also one of the slickest.

And don't overlook TOBS. If you learn to make a gloppy, yogurty lather by incorporating plenty of water, it's surprisingly slick even if it's not in the top tier.
Biotique is the most underrated shave cream on the market. Once you try it your hooked

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/332691-Biotique-Bio-Palmyra-amazing

Last edited:
I have to agree with @alex2363 about Biotique Palmyra Shave Cream being slick. This stuff is ridiculously slick! It is also very reasonably priced if you order it from a vendor in India and don't mind a little wait.

"Best" is one of those loaded words. So I'll confine myself to saying that Biotique - either in a tub or tube is a superb performer.

My favorite cream is Salter creams followed by Biotique. I recently tried Simpson creams, as well, and it was just ok but not as good as my top tier.

Biotique Palmyra is the slickest I've used.
Biotique Palmyra is the best kept secret ever, if it had more marketing it would probably be a top 5 cream in the shave world

AoS is pricey, but outstanding for cushion and slickness. I've tried the Peppermint, the Eucalyptus and Lavender, and all performed well. TOBS Peppermint, St. James, and Eaton Collage also have the slickness with a tad less cushion. Still more than adequate for a great shave.

Midnight and two is the slickest soap I've tried so far, theres just tons of slickness with Midnight and Two! Even after the soap is off I can go back and there's a good amount of slickness, I've compared it to Castle Forbes, Caties bubbles, B&M, CRSW, Mystic Waters... I listed those just so you know what I've used it to so you can get an idea. I like Castle Forbes but it'll be hard for me to justify buying it again over those other soap makers, I can get the soap and after shave for the same price as castle Forbes soap, too much mark up on it and from my experience, I think you can make your $$ go farther with those other excellent soap makers. Caties Bubbles has a good amount of slickness too.

Baum.be smells like mango. I smelled it last week at the Imperial Shave store because I was thinking about buying it but the scent did nothing for me along with xpec. I ended up buying a tub of TOBS Sandlewood along with Catie Bubbles Ruse scent.

Top Bottom