What's new

MWF performance question

I have been using MWF for at least two years. Two days ago, I threw in a new puck. What a great experience.

Is it me or does MWF performance diminish when the puck is about halfway used?

Take care,
Jason

Hmmmmm...that depends. What do you mean by performance? Lather? Cushion? Slickness? Scent? Do you have your puck open in a mug? Or in a sealed container? Do you use it every day or is it in a rotation with 20 other soaps? I have a puck -- about half used -- in a closed container and I used it about once a week. I haven't found any difference in performance. Still as wonderful as the first day I opened it!

My only suggestion (if you believe that your MWF is showing diminishing performance) is that you are perhaps loading less soap as the puck wears.

My pot is over 4 years old and I only use it once every couple of months. I find that wetting the top of the soap (not blooming it) and rubbing the top surface area with my fingertips about 10 minutes before loading makes it easier for the brush to grab the soap.

I have a puck getting near the bottom (about 8 months old). I have not experienced any performance issues. It may have lost a smidgen of scent, but it isn't a strong aroma to begin with.

I have had no performance issues over the months, i find that if I am in a hurry and don't use enough soap I get subpar performance but then again it's that way with alot of soaps.

I keep my puck in the MWF ceramic bowl. Maybe my new puck is easier to load since it's new. I really don't know. I will keep my eye on this one and see if it is something I am doing or my perception is off.

"familiarity breeds contempt" If you are using one soap exclusively user fatique may be the culprit.

I will soon find out. I have two new soaps, DR Harris Windsor and Marlborough, arriving tomorrow. I also have a Chubby 1 in transit as well.

Your comments made me realize that I have only used one other soap (1 puck only) in three years of wet shaving. Perhaps a little variety will help.

Top Bottom