What's new

Tried a cold water shave

I do the best of both:

Shower, hot water at the end to open the hairs to absorb water. Follow with a cold water shave to protect the skin and you are all set!

Jer

Well done - if it works for you, stick with it!

I have a question: if you're shaving with cold water, the whiskers aren't going to be softened, so I assume this will reduce the number of shaves per blade? Can anyone attest to (or debunk) this?

Well done - if it works for you, stick with it!

I have a question: if you're shaving with cold water, the whiskers aren't going to be softened, so I assume this will reduce the number of shaves per blade? Can anyone attest to (or debunk) this?

not sure, maybe the experts know more about this. I throw my blade after two shaves. Am three cold shaves in and am having much better shaves. I am going to give my face a break for two days and shave when i actually have some hair rather than a bit of stubble. Always get a better shave if there is two days of growth am hoping this time with cold water i get no irratation.

I am going to give my face a break for two days and shave when i actually have some hair rather than a bit of stubble. Always get a better shave if there is two days of growth ......

This^^

I'll agree with you on this, I always get better results with two days growth.

That being said, we'll have to agree to disagree on using cold water.
Mornings are not my favorite time of day, and I'm sure not going to face them AND use cold water.
Not doing it.
Can't make me.

"...the more people I meet,
the more I like my dog......"

There will be as many opinions and preferences on this as there are faces to be shaved. It is one of topics that makes it interesting... we have votes for cold, votes for hot, votes for warm, and... a vote for a hot shower and a cold shave. Either no one is right... or... everyone is right. As an optimist, I'll go with the latter.

Top Bottom