What's new

Please help identify this Schick

I came across this Schick at an antique store, but couldn't figure out which one it is. When I compare the photo to this page, http://www.safetyrazors.net/schick/schicktech.htm, it's either a D or a G based on the patent numbers. But it can't be a G since it doesn't say Eversharp. So is this a D? Do all Ds have scissor handles? If so, this isn't a D since the handle is fairly white in color and had a seem from what I recall. Sorry for not taking pics of the handle and other side of the head.

$image.jpg

Lets see, tabs on the spring, grooves on the safety bar, patent numbers . . .

It's an E3.

Why didn't you buy it?

--Bob

Why is it still at the shop [emoji14]

Because I suck? :blushing:

It's an E3.

Why didn't you buy it?

--Bob

Man, that web page confuses me. I discounted the Es since it says those have a single patent number and since that one listed two. I think I need a secret decoder ring to read the secret decoder ring. Sigh. I didn't buy it because I was worried about getting one of the more aggressive ones. It was a good price, so I should have just gotten it. But, no worries. I will pick it up first thing tomorrow morning.

Thanks for for chiming in guys!

I will pick it up first thing tomorrow morning.

Thanks for for SNEAKING in guys!

Too Late [MENTION=107504]ItsTaz[/MENTION]... someone from this forum already broke in a stole it!! :w00t:

Tha page confuses me too.. I wish I had some good antique/ thrift stores to shop in so I could see these guys in person.

Too Late @ItsTaz... someone from this forum already broke in a stole it!! :w00t:

Tha page confuses me too.. I wish I had some good antique/ thrift stores to shop in so I could see these guys in person.

You'r killing me. I was just about to fall asleep before I saw your comment. Now I'll have to drive there and park out front to make sure that didn't and doesn't happen! If a cop asks what I'm up to I'll say I'm in line for concert tickets. If that doesn't flying I'll say I'm in line for an iPhone 7. If that doesn't fly I'll just tell him the truth...YKMV freaked me out about the possible theft of a vintage razor. I wonder if they have wi-fi or good cell signals in jail.

It is fun finding them in the wild. I hope you come across some soon. I think I need to hit estate sales in the neighboring affluent cities. I'm sure the are some beauties out there that need a new home.

Last edited:
You'r killing me. I was just about to fall asleep before I saw your comment. Now I'll have to drive there and park out front to make sure that didn't and doesn't happen! If a cop asks what I'm up to I'll say I'm in line for concert tickets. If that doesn't flying I'll say I'm in line for an iPhone 7. If that doesn't fly I'll just tell him the truth...YKMV freaked me out about the possible theft of a vintage razor. I wonder if they have wi-fi or good cell signals in jail.

It is fun finding them in the wild. I hope you come across some soon. I think I need to hit estate sales in the neighboring affluent cities. I'm sure the are some beauties out there that need a new home.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who has to check up these great deals in the middle of the night....

Tell the cops you're waiting in line for the Grateful Dead Revival Concert.. the one where Jerry Garcia plays "riffs from the Other Side"!! :thumbup:

You fellas spend more in gas than you would have spent on the razor!!! Just buy it the FIRST time you go there!!!

You fellas spend more in gas than you would have spent on the razor!!! Just buy it the FIRST time you go there!!!

Normally I'd agree with you Mr. Enabler, aka Toby, but yesterday's stop was on the way home from elsewhere and I have to drive by there today. But if you're offering to PIF me some gas, I'm touched brother. :tongue_sm I think the bigger concern is what the little old ladies working the store must think of me. They probably want to say "Just buy it already!". :lol:

Normally I'd agree with you Mr. Enabler, aka Toby, but yesterday's stop was on the way home from elsewhere and I have to drive by there today. But if you're offering to PIF me some gas, I'm touched brother. :tongue_sm I think the bigger concern is what the little old ladies working the store must think of me. They probably want to say "Just buy it already!". :lol:

PIF me some gas

I'll pour some in an envelope! :w00t:

"Just buy it already!"

That's what we're all saying!!!! :mad3:

I'm going to go against the grain here and state that I believe it to be a Type G. I have a type G with those patent numbers on it. I also have two E2s and an E3. The Type E's do not have a seam on the Bakelite handles. Type G's do have a seam on the molded plastic handle.

It's an E3.

Why didn't you buy it?

--Bob
Is it possible that it's a Type G that was assembled with a left over E spring? This was a common practice as I understand it.

I'm going to go against the grain here and state that I believe it to be a Type G. I have a type G with those patent numbers on it. I also have two E2s and an E3. The Type E's do not have a seam on the Bakelite handles. Type G's do have a seam on the molded plastic handle.

I agree.

Top Bottom