What's new

New To DE Shaving (Hello from Pakistan)

Hi guys,

I just started my DE shaving journey. I've been using Mach 3 (regular/sensitive/Turbo) from the time I got my first beard hair. I started using Gillette canned foam and a Gillette alcohol-based after shave splash.

Eventually, I grew tired of this routine and changed the Aftershave splash with the Nivea sensitive balm. Then, I replaced the foam with Nivea sensitive shave cream. However, I was still using Mach 3 because I had no idea how to use a DE razor and I was afraid of cutting myself.

Finally, after watching/reading a lot of threads on B&B I decided to try out a DE razor. I got myself a cheap Concord TTO (Feather popular clone) + feather blades & Gillette 7'O Clock Yellow + cheap Boar brush (it smells bad so it must be boar).

The first few shaves were not so close because of poor technique and I nicked here and there.

I decided to try out a pre shave oil, so made one for myself using 1 part castor oil, 1 part olive oil, and 15-20 drops lavender oil. The pre shave oil did help a bit with the shave. Also, got an alum block which helped reduce any irritation.

I can't find any decent DE razors around here and most online shops don't ship to Pakistan (Amazon, eBay, etc). So, cheap clones/knockoffs will have to do for now. Ordered thayers witch hazel from a local internet vendor and looking forward to using it.

Looking forward to learning more from you guys and hopefully, getting some awesome gear as well.

Tapatalking in my sleep!

Hello and welcome. Great to have you here on B&B. Go over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Hi guys,

I just started my DE shaving journey. I've been using Mach 3 (regular/sensitive/Turbo) from the time I got my first beard hair. I started using Gillette canned foam and a Gillette alcohol-based after shave splash.

Eventually, I grew tired of this routine and changed the Aftershave splash with the Nivea sensitive balm. Then, I replaced the foam with Nivea sensitive shave cream. However, I was still using Mach 3 because I had no idea how to use a DE razor and I was afraid of cutting myself.

Finally, after watching/reading a lot of threads on B&B I decided to try out a DE razor. I got myself a cheap Concord TTO (Feather popular clone) + feather blades & Gillette 7'O Clock Yellow + cheap Boar brush (it smells bad so it must be boar).

The first few shaves were not so close because of poor technique and I nicked here and there.

I decided to try out a pre shave oil, so made one for myself using 1 part castor oil, 1 part olive oil, and 15-20 drops lavender oil. The pre shave oil did help a bit with the shave. Also, got an alum block which helped reduce any irritation.

I can't find any decent DE razors around here and most online shops don't ship to Pakistan (Amazon, eBay, etc). So, cheap clones/knockoffs will have to do for now. Ordered thayers witch hazel from a local internet vendor and looking forward to using it.

Looking forward to learning more from you guys and hopefully, getting some awesome gear as well.

Tapatalking in my sleep!

Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you're getting things sorted out. After you go over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself, why don't you check out this thread for a chance at an EJ DE86.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/497175-Newbie-PIF

Hi and welcome!

Is DE shaving more mainstream in Pakistan? I kinda got the feeling that it was a country where people had been less sucked in by the Gillette marketing of the Mach 3 type blades over the years and a place where your dad was more likely to be shaving with a DE.

I was talking about this to a mate a few days ago and we commented that about the time our dads were young men (70's), the Gillette marketing hype was in full swing and neither of our dads ever used a DE razor but went straight to cartridges.

Hi and welcome!

Is DE shaving more mainstream in Pakistan? I kinda got the feeling that it was a country where people had been less sucked in by the Gillette marketing of the Mach 3 type blades over the years and a place where your dad was more likely to be shaving with a DE.

I was talking about this to a mate a few days ago and we commented that about the time our dads were young men (70's), the Gillette marketing hype was in full swing and neither of our dads ever used a DE razor but went straight to cartridges.
You're actually right. My dad and grandad used to shave with a DE. However, my dad did convert to cartridge due to the ease.

My grandad, on the other hand, gave up on shaving altogether and grew a beard, lol. I can't seem to locate his shaving kit which would've been a great treasure.

I'm actually thinking of start-up introducing cost effective shaving products to the locals, maybe they will convert to wet shaving this way.

Tapatalking in my sleep!

Welcome to the club. Glad to have you aboard.
Thank you very much.
Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you're getting things sorted out. After you go over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself, why don't you check out this thread for a chance at an EJ DE86.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/497175-Newbie-PIF
Entered the giveaway. I hope I win. Really looking forward to a decent razor.
Welcome to B&B. :001_smile
Thank you.
Hello and welcome. Great to have you here on B&B. Go over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.
Thanks. I will once I figure out how to do it.
Welcome to B&B. It sounds like your on the right track.
Thank you very much.
Hi, welcome to B&B
Thanks.

Tapatalking in my sleep!

Welcome, dilawer...

Glad to know you found us out here in the ether... Like everyone has said, you've come to the right place to learn a few things and to teach us a few things as well...

Another curious guy.. are Amazon and Ebay or their equivalents active in your part of the world?
Would you be able to find what you need there?

Welcome aboard Dilawer ,I have been a big fan of TREET razor blades for many years,lots of good shaves for reasonable prices....Do you ever see the Bangladeshi blades for sale in Pakistan ?...Enjoy the fun here !

Thank you very much.

Entered the giveaway. I hope I win. Really looking forward to a decent razor.

Thank you.

Thanks. I will once I figure out how to do it.

Thank you very much.

Thanks.

Tapatalking in my sleep!
Master of the multi quote like me:laugh:

Top Bottom